ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Letters from the Iditor

Letter from the Iditor #1
Dear Knitty Designer:

I need to buy 3 skeins of the same sock yarn? Do I need to repeat myself? I will give you credit for having the decency to not call it a stash-busting project.

Sincerely,

Ladylungdoc


Letter from the Iditor #2

Dear Other Knitty Designer,

Please see the above letter, but multiply the indignation by 1.6!

AND...It has taken me over a month to knit a baby cardigan out of sock yarn; and you want me to knit an adult sweater out of sock yarn on sock sized needles?

The fact that knitting the XS/S size is equivalent to knitting 4 pairs of socks is not particularly reassuring, since a) I have not fit anything that is size XS/S since, um, ever (even in men's sizes I am usually a Medium), and b) unless I am unemployed, it takes me between 3 and 6 weeks to knit a pair of socks.

Let's do some math: 3 weeks x 5 pairs of socks(M/L calls for 5 balls) = 15 weeks. 6 weeks x 5 pairs of socks = 30 weeks. 4-7 months of knitting a sweater on wee little needles? Where do I sign up for the straightjacket fittings?

Sincerely,

LLD

The world is going mad...and I am back in the ICU for a week in 8.5 hours...waaaah!

Labels:

Comments on "Letters from the Iditor"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Thu Dec 06, 11:49:00 PM EST) : 

Now where's your sense of adventure, ma'am? [ducking]

 

Blogger Ruth's Place said ... (Fri Dec 07, 07:10:00 AM EST) : 

Devan is taking me forever too, but that's 'cause I screwed up and needed to reknit, and an adult sweater in sock yarn - that's crazy talk!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Dec 07, 07:28:00 AM EST) : 

I'm not too fond of that style of sweater anyway. I'm too short to pull it off without looking like a pregnant troll.

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Fri Dec 07, 10:46:00 AM EST) : 

LOL. I think I'm still gonna make Jeanie! Cables and lace! yum! of course I don't have any sock yarn in my stash since I don't knit socks. :)

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (Fri Dec 07, 05:26:00 PM EST) : 

Great photo, though :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Dec 07, 09:59:00 PM EST) : 

I just cruised in from another blog.

I just adore cats and I absolutely love your posts on your cats.

It's cute how they're right in the middle of everything.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Fri Dec 14, 07:06:00 AM EST) : 

Oh my goodness, I'd noticed those two patterns but hadn't taken the time yet to see about the yarn. A sweater knit in sock yarn? That is cruel, cruel thing.

 

post a comment