ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A productive weekend

I have been searching through patterns alot of late, and frequently find that the patterns that I am interested are not free. This blog post raised a good point about the price being charged for some pattern downloads. I'm not sure what a fair price is, but they do seem to be creeping upwards - for some small projects like hats and mittens, the pattern cost could end up being similar to the yarn cost.

Thank goodness for knitty, which has been the source of patterns for much that I am currently knitting.
christmascardifronts
I have finished the fronts of the Christmas Cardi,
christmascardi back nov 25
And cast on for the back. But the prospect of knitting straight stockinette in a single colour for 7 inches on 3.25mm needles is not particularly enticing.
ellafreezesovernov25
Maybe that's why Ella Freezes Over keeps calling out to me:
ellafreezesoverclose
Knit me!
ellafreezesovercloser
Knit ME!!

Labels: ,

Comments on "A productive weekend"

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sun Nov 25, 08:27:00 PM EST) : 

The cardi and Ella are looking nice!

The expression on your cat's face is priceless - kinda like if you push much more, you won't be able to knit, even stockinette ...

:-)

 

Blogger Ruth's Place said ... (Mon Nov 26, 02:15:00 AM EST) : 

Ella's looking wonderful.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Nov 26, 07:20:00 AM EST) : 

Ella's coming along really good.

The most I'll pay for a pattern is $6. Ha ha, and I just read that post where she complains $6 is too much!

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Mon Nov 26, 11:16:00 AM EST) : 

ella uva nice shawl ur workin on! the 7 inches of stockinette sounds like a project for a drunken knit night, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Nov 26, 05:16:00 PM EST) : 

Oooh, I remember Ella! I started the shawl then tried changing it to a scarf. When that didn't work I threw it to the back of the wardrobe...
I love the yarn you're using.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Nov 26, 07:26:00 PM EST) : 

That Ella is beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Nov 27, 02:55:00 PM EST) : 

I love the colors in the Ella yarn. In the cone I wasn't impressed, but they're beautiful knit up.

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Tue Nov 27, 10:30:00 PM EST) : 

Ella is lovely!

I'm with you on the knitting patterns. I don't mind paying for a pattern, but one of the ones I bought recently I think I got 5 updates with changes. Sure I appreciate them sending me the update, but hell if you're gonna sell it, it shoulda been damn near perfect first. I'm just sayin'.

 

Blogger f. pea said ... (Wed Nov 28, 05:01:00 PM EST) : 

Wow! Ella is calling me, too! Can I come over and knit on her a little?

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Wed Nov 28, 10:33:00 PM EST) : 

It's the beautiful yarn you're using for Ella. I don't think I could stop playing with it either.

 

Blogger meg said ... (Thu Jan 07, 10:01:00 AM EST) : 

Soooo off subject but I can't believe how much both of our cats look like each other. I have a tortise shell and a pure white. Long lost siblings. I'm not sure how to post them but I am now showing everyone that my kitties have long lost sisters out there. :)

 

post a comment