ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 24, 2007

I dream of Ravelry

I am not someone who remembers dreams well - within a few minutes of waking, they have pretty well left my mind. However, the other day, I distinctly remember dreaming that I had 57 yarns stashed, and that I just needed to enter another 3 yarns in order for my stash to automatically be uploaded somewhere else. Yes, when my mind has completely free reign of topics to indulge in, it chooses knitting related internet activities.

It could be worse - it could have been a medical dream. I've wasted many a good REM phase on those before.

Somerset dreams of being in pictures:

Here she is "helping" me photograph another WIP:Das Boot Socks.
These are socks for The Gambler. The yarn is Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch that I picked up in Nurnberg. I started them last weekend because I needed wanted to have something to knit while we were driving to see various members of The Gambler's family. They are now my official purse knitting - came in handy when I had to wait for my number to be called when I went to apply for my provincial health card.

And this is my newest WIP - Ella from knitty. That rayon/silk cone yarn just wouldn't shut up.

This is my very first lace project. Up until recently, I had no interest in knitting lace, and may have at one point declared that I would never knit lace. Lifelines and p5togs - ick. No way, not my thing at all.

So I have officially christened this project Ella Freezes Over.

Actually, after knitting 2 dozen rows of Ella, I thought that I should instead knit a Tuscany Shawl, since Ella is written for worsted weight yarn. So I frogged it, and started knitting Tuscany. Then I got totally screwed up on row 8, thought that there was an error in the pattern, tried to knit it as I thought it was supposed to be knit, and row 9 totally didn't work, searched the web for any pattern errata, and then gave up. So Ella it is. Which works better when it comes to a project name, because I'm all about the apt, yet amusing project names. Gotta do something to try and build a readership.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "I dream of Ravelry"

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Nov 25, 07:46:00 AM EST) : 

Medical dreams must be icky. My parents both have the occasional dentistry dream, including nightmares to do with dental school exam time... 30+ years ago!

When you have cute kitties, it is your duty to show them to the world. They understand this and will hold you to it.

 

Blogger Eryn said ... (Sun Nov 25, 09:05:00 AM EST) : 

Ella freezes over - lol!

I always have weired anxiety dreams, like I'm at the office, but I forgot to drop the kids off at school...

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Nov 25, 09:13:00 AM EST) : 

Hee hee, I like the project hame! Good luck getting it to work this time.

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Sun Nov 25, 09:25:00 AM EST) : 

he he he, Elle Freezes over! Love it!

I dream about yarn and knitting pretty regularly, glad to know I'm not alone!

 

post a comment