ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 07, 2007

Letters from the Iditor

Welcome to a new feature on my blog - directly inspired by this hilarious post.

Dear neighborhood yoga studio:

It is super convenient that you are a mere 3 blocks away from my house, and it's very convenient to register for your classes on line. It might seem very New Age and non-hierarchical to label your classes with titles like "Activating" and "Awakening" rather than Level 1 and Level 2, but these vague titles might lead to people accidentally signing up for fairly advanced classes, and spending the better part of 90 minutes breathing through the pain.

Sincerely,
Ladylungdoc

Dear City of Toronto Department of Solid Waste Management:

Thank you for making it very easy for me to figure out the collection zone our house belongs to. That was a good joke on your part inserting a graphic of an out of focus calendar under the heading "Residential single family dwellings collection calendars". Would you consider getting a 10 year old to design a web page which includes a downloadable calendar so that I know if it is Thursday 1 or Thursday 2? Perhaps you could pay her with parking ticket revenues. It might also be a bit more efficient than having a dedicated automated phone line specifically for the purpose of leaving requests to have calendars mailed out to one's residence.

Sincerely,
LLD

Back to the knitting:

I have finished knitting the Plain Vanilla Stockinette Socks, but they aren't off the needles yet:
almost done socks
They tried to use their protective colouring to blend into their surroundings, somerset guarding the socks But the Intrepid Knitting Hunter Somerset is not easily foiled.

Saartje Bootie #1 is off the needles:
Sept7 saartje I hope to get the second one done this weekend.

Almost forgot:
Dear Kaleidoscope Designer:

Thank you for designing this beautiful sweater. However, I'm kind of funny in that I tend to buy enough of a single sock yarn for one pair of socks, rather than enough to knit 3 pairs from the same colourway. Do you realize that this means I now have to go out and buy extra sock yarn just to use up what I already have? Did the yarn store owners put you up to this?

Sincerely,

LLD

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Letters from the Iditor"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Sep 07, 02:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Hah - I love incensed letters :).

I love the colours in the socks - oh they just look comfy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Sep 07, 02:50:00 PM EDT) : 

Too funny.

Why let something as traditional as matching stop you from using sock yarn for a sweater though? If you're going to make a sweater from brightly colored hand-painted yarn, why not go for the gusto and use different colored sock yarn? Just thought I'd put that out there. ;)

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Sep 07, 03:44:00 PM EDT) : 

Hee hee!

Is that Opal sock yarn on the plain vanillas? I think I made some jaywalkers out of that color.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Fri Sep 07, 08:14:00 PM EDT) : 

What a hilarious post!

I like the socks, and I guess you'll have to give them to Somerset ...

 

Blogger Not An Artist said ... (Sat Sep 08, 02:13:00 AM EDT) : 

Ugh, at least a calendar exists for your neighbourhood! In our last place we had to call and just remember the days... they only had calendars for residential streets and commercial. God help people who wanted to *live* on commercial streets!

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sat Sep 08, 07:39:00 AM EDT) : 

I guess I'll have to post my own "not renewing my lease" letter, in the spirit of your post.

Thank you for several good snickers and a couple of outright guffaws.

The incredible disappearing socks are lovely, too. They look more like French Vanilla to me.

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Sat Sep 08, 08:57:00 AM EDT) : 

Awww, I love the 'intrepid knitting hunter'. Those socks really do blend with the couch! Stupid Toronto garbage people changing all the stupid things and not telling you clearly.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sat Sep 08, 11:34:00 AM EDT) : 

LOVE the new feature!!

And the plain vanilla socks look very comfy! If you knit a blanket out of the Opal you'll be able to sneak in a nap and no one will disturb you.

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (Sun Sep 09, 12:53:00 PM EDT) : 

hehe, that was great!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Sep 09, 05:20:00 PM EDT) : 

Great new feature! I was just in the right kind of mood to really appreciate it.

Not what I would have pictured had you said 'camouflage socks' -- but it works. Well, it almost worked.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Sep 09, 06:44:00 PM EDT) : 

I love the intrepid hunter pic ;) I've always wondered that about sock yarn - I hate weaving in ends as it is - I don't think I have ever bought the kind that says 'three balls for a pair of socks' no matter how pretty it may be.

 

post a comment