ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Big Reveal!!!

May I present to you...The INSPIREred Socks!!!
Here's what they look like in action... And a closeup of the cat hair stitch pattern.
Knit with just under 2 full skeins of Regia Silk Shine (those are sparkly bits on the closeup, not kitty dandruff). Cast on Jauary 25, Cast off February 5th. Both socks knit at the same time using 2.5 mm addi circs.

I'm going to write this pattern up; because the stitch pattern is 50%knit and 50% purl, it's fairly forgiving in terms of foot width. And if it's too big around the ankle, it forms folds rather than slouching down completely.

Labels:

Comments on "The Big Reveal!!!"

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Feb 13, 11:46:00 PM EST) : 

Lovely socks! Well done! I haven't tried making my own pattern yet.

And, as I always say, "there's a little bit-o kitty in everything I knit"!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Wed Feb 14, 08:28:00 AM EST) : 

They look great - it's neat to finally see them in person :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Feb 14, 09:37:00 AM EST) : 

Awesome sock! can't wait for the pattern.

your fave color sp

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Feb 15, 07:20:00 PM EST) : 

I love those socks!

 

Blogger gourdongirl said ... (Fri Feb 16, 04:40:00 AM EST) : 

I love your sox

 

Blogger clumberknits said ... (Fri Feb 16, 07:24:00 AM EST) : 

The socks are fabulous! I'm a sock newbie, so I'm wondering ... how did you do the toe? I actually like the line that goes across the toes, which I don't get with my cuff-down kitchenered toes. Are those toe-up?

 

Blogger Sue, aka seiding said ... (Fri Feb 16, 08:48:00 PM EST) : 

Those look great, and comfy too! Yay for designing your own!

 

Blogger amylin said ... (Sat Feb 17, 03:51:00 PM EST) : 

Great socks.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Mon Feb 19, 05:35:00 PM EST) : 

awesome! and the kitty fluff adds such a nice personal touch, no?

 

post a comment