ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 30, 2007

Blah-ugh Contest

I have 11 hours left on call. It has been a hard week - this time mind-numbing rather than sleep depriving.

This afternoon I was sitting, staring at a page in a chart of a patient who has been in the ICU for over a month. I had written "ICU daily note" on the top of the page an hour or 2 prior, but kept getting up to deal with this, that, or the other thing in the meantime.

As I tried to decide what to write, the thought suddenly popped into my head that I would just write "What can I say that hasn't already been said before?", and then sign my name. Common sense prevailed, and I wrote a "proper" note.

I will send a skein of Malabrigo and a big bar o' chocolate to first person who correctly identifies the inspiration for that line. Include your favourite colour and chocolate varietal in your answer.

Labels:

Comments on "Blah-ugh Contest"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sat Dec 01, 08:24:00 AM EST) : 

Yeah I got nothing. Maybe it will pop into my head later ;-)

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sat Dec 01, 09:53:00 AM EST) : 

I googled this, and your blog post was the second entry. Right below a review of a cell phone, and right above a Seattle restaurant review that also popped up on a Yahoo search. The Yahoo search also led me to a fan comment on the Quadrophenia tour.

Am I getting warm?

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Sat Dec 01, 10:36:00 AM EST) : 

Is it from a movie?

I too googled it but added "movie quote" into the search engine.

So my guess is that's it's inspired from the movie Chinatown, with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway

 

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said ... (Sat Dec 01, 10:58:00 AM EST) : 

wow I really wish I knew this. I even put my Librarian skills to work and came up with nada. But I'm thinking it's music related. Hope your almost done with being on call!

 

Blogger Gloria (aka Sumonesmum) said ... (Sat Dec 01, 11:19:00 AM EST) : 

Were you perchance inspired by the movie "28 days later"? Just a guess.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Dec 01, 02:00:00 PM EST) : 

It rings a bell but I can't remember. Ugh. Now I'll be thinking about this for the rest of the day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Dec 01, 04:46:00 PM EST) : 

Was it a line from the movie "Gentleman's Agreement?

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Sat Dec 01, 11:31:00 PM EST) : 

I haven't got the foggiest clue where that line came from but from one that reads the doctor's progress notes, I would have love to have seen your first thought written.

Don't know how you deal with your on call hours. 8 hours of patient care is more than enough for me!

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Sat Dec 01, 11:34:00 PM EST) : 

Spinal Tap???????

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sun Dec 02, 02:29:00 AM EST) : 

I am drawing a blank.

I can certainly relate though. There are some patients that are sick and they are not going to get better and there aren't that many ways to say that.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Dec 02, 08:17:00 PM EST) : 

oddly enough, that sounds to me something like what Hugh Grant's character says in "Four Weddings and a Funeral."

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Tue Dec 04, 04:33:00 PM EST) : 

Is it based on Oprah's comments about how to talk to a crowd? Where she always asks herself "What can I say that hasn't already been said?"

 

post a comment