ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Speaking of Cool Weather Clothing...

I just finished the first of the Yummy Fable Gloves, just in time for the nice warm weather :

Completed left glove
Somerset is unimpressed.

Completed left glove close
Once you get to the fingers and thumb, it's a free form pattern; the designer provides some motifs to mix and match. I'm thinking that the next pair I knit (in green, and shorter) I'll just stripe the fingers as well.

Speaking of thumbs...when are you supposed to stop knitting the thumb gusset and start the actual thumb? Is it before the web between the thumb and palm is covered up or after it's covered up? When I followed the pattern as written, I still have visible "web":

Thumb gusset


It occurs to me that the glove pattern is written for hands that are average length, rather than for someone with long hands. The next pair I'll add a few rows to the bottom and the top of the motif, and I need to figure out how much longer the thumb gusset should be.

Labels:

Comments on "Speaking of Cool Weather Clothing..."

 

Blogger Leanne said ... (Fri Mar 19, 07:46:00 AM EDT) : 

Nice gloves! Where did you get the pattern? The link doesn't seem to be working for me.

I always have to adjust glove patterns as well, as I have long, narrow hands and fingers.

 

post a comment