ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lovely weather we're having...

The Gambler and I arrived in the Dominican Republic yesterday, ahead of the storm that is screwing up other people's travel plans. Nothing like watching scenes of snow filled streets while you are putting on sunscreen.

In addition to a stack of books, I did bring some knitting with me - it is a secret project which conveniently uses a yarn suitable for warm weather.

I ended up needing a last minute gift for someone, so last week I quickly knit up a cowl out of some Noro Kochoran that was sitting in my stash:

Noro gift cowl

It's called the Wave Cowl, and because of the short rows, it works nicely with long colour repeats.

Noro gift cowl closeup

I have another skein of some Noro yarn (silver thaw?) sitting in the stash; when I get back I might knit another one of these cowls for myself. Somewhat uncharacteristically, I will have several days off after I return from holiday; I hope to at least start the second sleeve on my Poppy sweater, as well as knit up a pair of Chevalier (from the book Knitting New Mittens and Gloves)out of some Lamb's Pride Bulky that I have.

Speaking of that book, the Hand Hoodies that I knit last year have worked like a charm:
dorsum
palm
My fingers are sheltered from the wind unlike with regular fingerless gloves. I highly recommend them. Just in case you miss your flight to the Caribbean...

Labels:

Comments on "Lovely weather we're having..."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Dec 21, 06:20:00 AM EST) : 

Hee hee! Enjoy your non-white cold Christmas! I like the idea of those mitts.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Tue Dec 22, 06:25:00 PM EST) : 

Enjoy the Dominican Republic! So different from snow-covered Canada.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Dec 27, 11:18:00 PM EST) : 

I love Kochoran. It's my idea of luxury. Well, I have lots of ideas of luxury, most of which involve angora. Kochoran is just one of them.

 

post a comment