ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 06, 2009

We'll have a Green Christmas...

The Gambler and I decided to deal with holiday stress by taking evasive action this year; on December 19 we leave for the Dominican Republic for a week.

This gives us an excuse to not bother with putting up the Christmas tree this year (I don't remember what last year's excuse was...)

So instead I knit a Christmas tree out of some Manos:
Slouchy tree pre buttons

With cat for scale:
Tree with cat 1

Decorated with vintage buttons (I inherited The Gambler's Nana's button collection):
Completed slouchy tree

The pattern is available at Kniterary, my LYS away from home.

Next year I might just knit 2 of these out of some bulky yarn and make festive touques for myself and The Gambler.

Labels:

Comments on "We'll have a Green Christmas..."

 

Blogger knithound brooklyn said ... (Sun Dec 06, 11:18:00 PM EST) : 

Nice button decor!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Dec 07, 06:31:00 AM EST) : 

I love it! And now I'm jealous of your buttons!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Mon Dec 07, 06:37:00 AM EST) : 

It's very pretty - the buttons make it. And I love the cat 'for scale.'

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Tue Dec 08, 05:58:00 AM EST) : 

Perfect with the buttons. I was flipping through Mason Dixon book 1 or 2 and they have knitted Christmas trees. Was pondering knitting up one or two or possible a mini Forrest.

 

Blogger TracyKM said ... (Tue Dec 08, 05:40:00 PM EST) : 

I just moved to Whitby at the end of August, and haven't gone into the Knitary yet...I know that once I go in, I might not come out again. And I've been on a yarn diet this year, LOL. But in the new year, I definately hope to go in!!!

 

Blogger Greedo said ... (Sun Dec 13, 10:00:00 AM EST) : 

Look at all he button envy! Greedo looks annoyed in that pic... but only because there are no buttons!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Dec 20, 09:39:00 AM EST) : 

What a cute idea! And for once, the cat gets to feel like Catzilla. "I'm going to eeeeat you, little tree! Roarrrr!"

 

post a comment