ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Ahead 2010

The rays are getting warmer.
Sunny day

I am happy to announce that I managed to finish my 2 baby sweaters prior to the last day of the Olympics:

Completed cardis

I highly recommend the pattern - a nice combination of mindless stockinette with the cabling to keep you from getting too bored. Good SnB knitting.

With that out of the way, it was full steam ahead on Poppy:

Front of poppy 1

The sleeves are too short, but my test swatches of the Lorna's Laces Worsted grew significantly with blocking. Since I have several balls of the LL left over, I can always knit them longer.

This photo gives a better shot of the colours. I am glad that I knit the sweater with negative ease.

Back of poppy close

Yay! I have completed another sweater!
Granted, I have to weave in loads of ends, block it, crochet a border along the neckline, and knit a border (probably garter stitch) along the bottom...but since I am off next week, and have 2.5 straight weeks off in April, I swear by all that is holy that I am going to wear this sweater some time this spring. While it is still appropriate for the weather.

(BTW: if Indian Summer is a warm spell after a period of cold weather, is a cold spell after a period of warm weather called Inuit Winter?)

Labels: ,

Comments on "Spring Ahead 2010"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Mar 18, 06:20:00 AM EDT) : 

Can't wait to see finished Poppy!

You blew my mind with the Indian Summer comment....hmmmm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Mar 18, 09:46:00 AM EDT) : 

Hurray! Nicely done finishing Poppy. I think the negative ease is a good idea, I wish I'd made mine a little more snug.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Mar 21, 10:42:00 AM EDT) : 

That looks great on you. I also enjoyed the little glimpse of the shoe and yarn shelf.

 

post a comment