ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Knit a sweater in November - hahah that's a good one!

I am so out of the loop that I did not even realize it is National Cram an Insane Amount of Activity Into Thirty Days Month (NaCrInAmAcInThMo?) until I was dropping in on a SnB that I don't usually attend and someone mentioned that they were on track to knit their target number of stitches for the month. The person suggested that one could still meet a goal of 15,000 by knitting 1,000 stitches per day.

Right now there are some weeks where I might be lucky to get 100 stitches in. Luckily, I have been off since Saturday, and between naps I have had the time to do some work on Poppy.

Poppy nov 18 front

I have started to do some decreases, and am quite happy with how the sleeve is fitting at this point.
Poppy nov 18 oblique

I'm very happy to have reached the point where I can perceive actual progress on the sleeve. Unfortunately, I am wondering if my somewhat irregular "jogs" where I switch skeins are too obvious, meaning that I should rip it back and start over:

Poppy nov 18 wonky arm

Does it look too Frankensweaterish?

Labels:

Comments on "Knit a sweater in November - hahah that's a good one!"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Nov 19, 07:40:00 PM EST) : 

I love the "jogs" the way they are!

This is only the 2nd ever Poppy I've seen--gorgeous sweater.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Thu Nov 19, 09:41:00 PM EST) : 

It looks like a design element to me. Very cool!

 

Blogger Beadknitter said ... (Fri Nov 20, 01:08:00 PM EST) : 

"Does it look too Frankensweaterish?"

Wow! No, absolutely not. It's looking gorgeous!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Nov 20, 08:32:00 PM EST) : 

I think the sweater looks cool with just one sleeve!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Nov 28, 11:18:00 AM EST) : 

It looks awesome! I love the mostly black bottom and the stripy top, it's extremely flattering.
I also have a problem -- I've finished the first sock for my FIL's Christmas present, but he has 2 feet. So... yeah, I'm off to engage in the month-long frantic knitting activity you mentioned.

 

post a comment