ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New York Minute

* I started to write a post last week, but ended up having to go back to the hospital. While looking for the draft of the post, I came across some unpublished posts. Because it's faster than creating a new post I hate to waste a perfectly good creative effort, I'm going to go through them and publish them over the next few weeks as Oldies but Goodies. Kind of like what happens when there is a TV writers' strike.

[November 4, 2008]
I had some time to wander around New York City after Rhinebeck. I discovered Madison Square Park - which turns out to be nowhere near Madison Square Gardens.



As I was walking through the park, I saw a squirrel crawl into a garbage can. He emerged with a crumpled up paper bag that must have contained something that smelled appetizing. As I watched him, he spun it around in his paws as he tried to figure out how to get at his snack. Eventually, it fell out of his paws and dropped to the ground. The squirrel gave up on the bag, and decided to look for something less labour intensive.



The paper bag remained on the ground beside the garbage can.



At that point, I realized that this squirrel had just littered!




What you looking at?

Given my history with rodent encounters, I decided it was best to just keep walking.

Labels: ,

Comments on "New York Minute"

 

post a comment