ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year's Project!

Almost 5 feet of 1x1 rib:

Widening the scarf to 55 stitches has significantly increased the yarn requirements - initially the plan was to use 2 skeins of a blue colourway, 2 skeins of a bright multi colourway, and a single skein of a blue plus pastel skein as well as a single skein of a muted multi colourway. However, I have instead resorted to using up the random skeins of Mille Colori that I picked up from a clearance bin, as well as the leftovers from the first Mille Colori striped scarf that I knitted.
I am still debating whether I should use the same 2 colourways at the end of the scarf so that the 2 ends coordinate to some extent. However, in order to have adequate yarn, I might end up having to use 2 skeins which are predominantly browns and greys.
It's stash busting vs. aesthetics.
Luckily The Gambler is a) a guy and b) colourblind, so he is probably not going to be very concerned if the colour schemes don't "flow" throughout the scarf.

Labels:

Comments on "Happy New Year's Project!"

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Wed Jan 06, 07:58:00 AM EST) : 

I think it looks great the way it is. No need to get all matchy-poo!

 

Blogger Caffeine Girl said ... (Wed Jan 06, 01:18:00 PM EST) : 

If he's not going to notice, I say go for stash busting! Besides, it's already stunning.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Thu Jan 07, 05:51:00 PM EST) : 

I also say go for the stash bust. I prefer a bit of color clash now and then.

 

Blogger MaƂgorzata said ... (Sat Jan 09, 06:04:00 PM EST) : 

Nice! My hubby likes his striped scarf too.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Tue Jan 12, 10:04:00 PM EST) : 

Stash busting!

 

post a comment