ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's that time of year again...

It was about this time last year that I made a drastic change to my hair on a whim.

Yesterday, I decided that it was probably high time for me to get it trimmed...and ended up going from this:


To this:

That's not glare - that's lots of blonde bits. Very light blonde, as opposed to the "caramel" colour that it was supposed to be.

It seems that nothing says "Summer is approaching" like being surprised every time I look in the mirror.

Why yes, that would be an iceberg behind me in the first photo - and once I get unpacked*, there will be some blog posts about the cruise.

To tide you over until then, here's one of the socks that I was working on:


*Yes, it's almost 1 week since the end of the cruise, and I'm not unpacked yet. This is only partially due to procrastination - there was a big medical conference that I attended from Sunday through Wednesday, I had knitting nights on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then today I was back on call for the ICU...

... not to mention the THREE HOURS I ended up spending in the salon.

Comments on "It's that time of year again..."

 

Blogger Cathy-Cate said ... (Thu May 22, 10:36:00 PM EDT) : 

Well, those blonde highlights take a while!

Looking forward to hearing about it/seeing it, and those socks look very piquant!

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (Thu May 22, 10:53:00 PM EDT) : 

Ooh - GREAT new 'do!

And I know what you mean about unpacking. I'm hoping to dig through this weekend.

 

Blogger Martina said ... (Thu May 22, 11:22:00 PM EDT) : 

Love the new doo!! Makes you like a very sexy doctor!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri May 23, 07:13:00 AM EDT) : 

Love the hair! And the sock. And the iceberg...

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri May 23, 07:22:00 AM EDT) : 

Oo...but it will fade to a nice caramel color in a few mos. Very nice!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri May 23, 08:13:00 AM EDT) : 

You look fantastic! The blonde highlights really work with your complexion, and the cut is really, really flattering. Very nice.

 

Blogger katerina said ... (Fri May 23, 08:17:00 AM EDT) : 

I think your new haircut is very flattering! I love it. I'm not brave enough to do highlights, I think part of it is the fear laziness will keep me from keeping up with it, and then I'll look silly.

 

Blogger Dreams of Yarn said ... (Fri May 23, 10:03:00 AM EDT) : 

your hair looks awesome!

 

Blogger Brigitte said ... (Fri May 23, 10:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow, those are great socks!

Nice new doo!

 

Blogger kokopuff said ... (Fri May 23, 07:12:00 PM EDT) : 

Yay! You're back! Can't wait to hear all about the cruise...

Also looking forward to seeing these socks in person sometime...nicely done!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Fri May 23, 08:43:00 PM EDT) : 

Hot mama! You could melt that iceberg with that new 'do!



(and I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't unpacked yet)

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sat May 24, 08:14:00 AM EDT) : 

Ooooh I really like your highlights and the cut! It looks great on you!

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Sat May 24, 09:48:00 AM EDT) : 

You look like a whole new person.

I too am hoping for a drastic change in my hair... hopefully next week.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Sat May 24, 12:06:00 PM EDT) : 

Oooh! pretty hair. I like the highlights. Besides, if you decide you don't like em down the road, it's easy to change up! Hair is the only thing about my body I can change on a whim. and I often do....

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sat May 24, 05:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Love your new 'do.

Those socks are awesome. What pattern?

Can't wait to see vacation pics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun May 25, 05:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Ooooh, very sexy - I love it!

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Wed May 28, 12:37:00 AM EDT) : 

Is that Hubbard Glacier in the background? Will we see you on Thursday at Kniterary?

I'm looking forward to reading about your cruise - drool, drool.

 

Blogger Yarnsnob said ... (Wed May 28, 11:41:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice hair, looks very sharp on you.

 

post a comment