ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Happenings

Last week I noticed that one of Somerset's eyes wasn't fully open.

She also had some swelling over her cheek. I attempted to make an appointment to take her to the vet, but since I was on cal it was impossible to make the appointment times they offered me. By the weekend, the swelling had gone down somewhat, but now she had a scabby area on her face.

So on Monday morning I loaded her into her kennel to go see the vet. Greedo decided that this was a good time to make himself scarce. The vet thought it was probably a superficial infection, possibly an infected spider bite, and gave me some pills and ointment. Somerset was not too terribly traumatized.During the afternoon, I worked on the Sockapalooza Swatch. I have to admit that the Panda Cotton is nice and soft once it is knitted up. I'm hoping that I can find some size 6 beads in the same colour as the size 8 beads I already have at Arton Beads when we go there on Saturday.

Today has turned out to be cold and rainy, so I decided that I might as well go for a haircut since the last time I had my hair trimmed was back in January. Maybe Ruth's post had something to do with it.

Before:After:


This is the shortest that my hair has been since 1998. The Gambler is going to flip; I think he would prefer that I grow my hair down to my waist. I will probably let it grow back; by Christmas it should be down to my shoulders.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Happenings"

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Tue Jun 05, 03:17:00 PM EDT) : 

Love the cut...it is great to have a drastic (non permanent) change. Looking forward to Saturdayskywalker

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Tue Jun 05, 06:20:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow!! That's a big difference! Looks good and it will be much cooler for the summer.

And, phew, Somerset's ok! Glad to hear it!

Give me a call when you get back to town to remind me about SnB, cuz I'll probably forget. I'll email you the number.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Jun 05, 07:01:00 PM EDT) : 

Cute haircut!

I'm glad kitty is okay. It's so hard to know when they hurt.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Jun 05, 07:15:00 PM EDT) : 

But your head probaby feels light and free right?

Hm, if I didn't know any better I thought Somerset was just giving you the perpetual stink eye. Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Tue Jun 05, 08:29:00 PM EDT) : 

LOVE the haircut!!


And am very glad that Somerset is feeling better.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Tue Jun 05, 08:39:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice cut! I'm getting mine chopped either Friday or Saturday; it's too long to spike properly, and it doesn't look intentionally messy like the hair in "glorious knits", it just kinda flops at half-mast and looks wistfully at the barber shears in the mug in the corner.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jun 05, 10:40:00 PM EDT) : 

You got it cut without warning while he was gone? Hoo boy; especially if he's a long hair freak (different from long-HAIRED freak!), it's really going to rock his world!

Looks great though!

Glad the kit-cat's ok; ours has a mysterious owie near his eye too, but no swelling (yet) -- no idea how that happened, he's an indoor cat. He does occasionally run full tilt into furniture -- maybe that's it!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Wed Jun 06, 09:06:00 AM EDT) : 

I'm glad the kitty is getting better - and the new haircut is very flattering.

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Wed Jun 06, 10:17:00 AM EDT) : 

Aw, poor Somerset. Your hair looks fabulous!

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Wed Jun 06, 11:37:00 AM EDT) : 

great cut!
and now i know why somerset hasn't been on facebook lately! good to know that all is well.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Jun 06, 12:13:00 PM EDT) : 

Your hair looks great! Very chic.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Wed Jun 06, 12:14:00 PM EDT) : 

Very snazzy haircut! Good to hear kitty will be ok. I have one with ongoing eye problems. What a pain.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Jun 06, 03:39:00 PM EDT) : 

Awesome hair cut!

Glad Somerset is doing ok!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Wed Jun 06, 05:06:00 PM EDT) : 

Glad Somerset only has a superficial infection! Getting pills in a cat is hard, but if someone can do it, it's you.

Your hair looks amazing, but I think you're right. Men flip when they see change. I cut my hair from down to my hips to just below my shoulder blades. Mr. Batty flipped when he saw me. He almost cried.
Let 'em complain. The hair looks very good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jun 07, 10:36:00 AM EDT) : 

Hey, love the new look! Glad to see you didn't get the hairdresser to take before and after pictures lol.

This is going to sound really disgusting, but when the scabs on the cat's face get a bit loose it's best to pull them off, otherwise they can get really infected and cause abcesses. Ask me how I know...I have a fighter.

 

Blogger Blu Roux said ... (Thu Jun 07, 11:20:00 PM EDT) : 

The cut looks great! I've been thinking about having a few inches hacked off of mine lately. Maybe it's the warmer weather.

If your two are anything like my cats, Greedo had every reason to hide and pretend nothing ever happened. ;-)
Glad that Somerset's doing better, and it's nothing too major.

Have a fabulous time on Saturday. I have to work, unfortunately, so I won't be able to TTC-along with y'all. Which route are you doing?

 

post a comment