ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

15 clicks of fame

I listened to an interesting podcast on microcelebrity this morning. I have to wonder what this says about popular culture in general; do we get the same benefit from relationships that are internet based as we do from those that are based in real life?

Labels:

Comments on "15 clicks of fame"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Apr 08, 05:19:00 PM EDT) : 

One wonders.

In scanning bloglines, I thought I read "an interesting podcast on *microcephaly*". That made me wonder too....

just my overactive imagination again, though.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Tue Apr 08, 09:19:00 PM EDT) : 

When we're so busy at work that we are too busy to have real life types of relationships... every little bit helps, is my motto.

 

Blogger Ruth's Place said ... (Wed Apr 09, 11:35:00 AM EDT) : 

Often I know more about what's going on with my internet friend than with my 'real-life' friends. I think one benefit of the internet is that it lets you connect easily with people who have similar interests regardless of their locality. This is a life line for me, without the internet I'd only have one part-time knitter to talk to. On-line there are plenty of people who share the obsession and some of them have become real friends.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Wed Apr 09, 05:32:00 PM EDT) : 

Very interesting. I have met and become friends with several knitters just because of the Internet. A few that live in my town, I've become in person friends with too.

I don't think I'm any better friends with my in-town ones than my out of town Internet friends.

 

post a comment