ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My, but time does fly...

It's been almost a week since I last posted. Part of this was related to travel (we went to Montreal this weekend so that The Gambler could watch the UFC fights. I have to say that the influx of UFC fans made for some interesting people watching), and partly due to work (Word continues to get around to horridly ill people re: the day I take over the ICU service - this is the only explanation I can think of as to why these people come to the ER after 3-4 days on death's door. Obviously, they were waiting for me to be on call.)

Because I was in Montreal, I missed Sandi Purl's baby shower - but here are the squares I knit for the group afghan she received:

secret project #1

OK, they appear to be more quadrangular than square per se - I'm hoping that blocking took care of that.

Speaking of blocking, I blocked my Deviation from the Standard Handwarmers on Thursday morning as I drove into work (What better item to block handwarmers with than hands? Why not take advantage of a 45 minute commute?):

blocked handwarmer

It didn't do much for the wonky stitches, but it did stretch them out a bit. (I seem to have a prediliction for posing with handknits while wearing clothes of a totally opposing colour scheme - at least my manicure didn't clash)


I had the opportunity to work on the Yoke Vest (which I have christened The Consolation Vest):
somerset vest
...and was eventually able to pry Somerset off of it long enough to get a decent photo:

consolation vest

The striping is a bit remniscent of my Lines In The Sand Sweater - hopefully this vest will be similarly flattering ( I have some reservations about a vest knit out of bulky yarn - how likely is it to make my torso look stumpy?).

Labels: , ,

Comments on "My, but time does fly..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Apr 23, 07:03:00 AM EDT) : 

I love the vest (thus far) and am confident it will look fabulous on you.

How about that manicure, girl??

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Apr 23, 07:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Well it doesn't make Somerset look stumpy...I think it will look fine.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Wed Apr 23, 12:43:00 PM EDT) : 

I think a paper bag would look good on you so I have no doubt the vest will look great!

 

Blogger Brigitte said ... (Thu Apr 24, 03:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Oooo, nice manicure! What kind of yarn did you use for your stranded gloves?

Thanks for the sock tips... *sigh* I'm thinking that the ball band on mine must belong to another ball. Oh well, it makes for an interesting pattern. I will try the slip stitch on the leg though.

:)

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Fri Apr 25, 05:02:00 PM EDT) : 

loved your squares! and your mani looks fab!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Apr 27, 08:49:00 AM EDT) : 

Beautiful knitting! How does a medical person keep a manicure intact? My mother never managed (then again, she was a dentist during those times when people didn't wear gloves necessarily...).

Somerset looooooves that vest. If it doesn't fit, it would be welcome as a cat bed, I'm sure.

 

post a comment