ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 11, 2008

Cat update

I realized today that my blog has been sorely lacking in cat photos of late - so here you go:

Someone on Ravelry pointed out that his cat is the mirror image of Somerset.


Freaky. I wonder which one is the evil twin.

Probably not Somerset - she is a little sweetheart, but dumb as a post. Case in point: This is our kitchen (please don't look at the mess on the counter)and our main hallway. 99.9% of the time, that door at the end of the kitchen is open.
When our new furniture was delivered early in the week, The Gambler closed the door to the kitchen. Now a closed door acts as a cat magnet in our house - I think they believe that there are fields of catnip behind any door that is closed. Somerset got quite distressed that she was trapped in the kitchen, so Greedo came to see what the fuss was.



"Oh no! We are stuck here FOREVER" she meowed.


"Hmmm...wait a minute..." Greedo thought.

"Hey, Somerset. Over here!!"

Believe it or not - seeing Greedo suddenly appear on the other side of the door caused her even more distress, because she couldn't figure out how he got there. Although in a way, Greedo was a bit too smart for his own good - we had to lock him in the laundry room until the delivery was complete, but Somerset had already been "secured".


Greedo attempts a Rodian mind meld.

Or maybe he's driving out demons - it's hard to tell sometimes. Too bad osmosis doesn't work through bone.

Labels:

Comments on "Cat update"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Apr 11, 05:06:00 PM EDT) : 

I think Somerset must be the evil twin because she has the orange goatee. I learned from Futurama that evil twins have goatees. Apollo is also freaked out by closed doors. It doesn't matter where he is in the house or what he's doing--if he hears an interior door shut he has to run over to it to bang on it and yowl loudly.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Fri Apr 11, 07:30:00 PM EDT) : 

Are you sure there are two cats, and Somerset is just not bilocational????

We had a sweet orange tabby, Hannah, who used to sit behind the cat door and cry to come out from behind the door. Except that we never put the flap in, so it was open. She would go through but not be able to figure how to come back out ...

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Fri Apr 11, 08:29:00 PM EDT) : 

They are seriously like babies with lots of fur and four legs that never grow up and get smarter.

Momma Monkey had my cat twin. Tis a freaky thing indeed!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Apr 11, 11:30:00 PM EDT) : 

Your cats are so sweet and silly. I sort of enjoy watching animals when they're really confused like that.

 

Blogger kokopuff said ... (Sat Apr 12, 08:27:00 AM EDT) : 

Too cute! I love them.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Sat Apr 12, 11:36:00 AM EDT) : 

Kitties! I luv teh kittehs! Too funny about the door thing. I have one that opens cupboards. but only the one on the right side. If I child-lock that one, she can't figure out how to get into it from the other side....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Apr 12, 06:18:00 PM EDT) : 

I have a walk-thru bathroom and if one of the two doors is closed, Maya will either sit and stare at it or paw at it until I open it. I've given up trying to explain it to her. lol

 

Blogger Beadknitter said ... (Sat Apr 12, 07:18:00 PM EDT) : 

I love your cats.

 

Blogger Dreams of Yarn said ... (Sat Apr 12, 08:47:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh my goodness, how cute are your cuddling cats? SO CUTE!

 

post a comment