ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Finally!

Melinda was kind enough to take a picture of me wearing the Lines In The Sand Sweater at The Purple Purl this afternoon:
finished Lines In The Sand Sweater

One of the other women at The Purl was knitting a sock out of Noro sock yarn, and I realized that it was the same colourway as the lighter colourway in my sweater.

So even though I had planned to let the Kureyon Sock train pass me by:
IMG_4753
You got it - Lines In The Sand Socks! (There was no sock equivalent to the darker colourway, so I went with the purple/black). I'm going to split the skeins, and knit the socks toe up. I'll have to figure out what the optimal stripe thickness is - I am guessing 3 or 4 rows.

Because I don't already have enough projects waiting to be knit!

BTW - note the new background; The Gambler and I finally got around to buying a decent coffee table.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Finally!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Apr 09, 02:17:00 AM EDT) : 

It looks great!! Can't wait to see the matching socks. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Apr 09, 06:51:00 AM EDT) : 

I love the sweater. Not everyone can pull of horizontal stripes, ya know! But you do it extremely well. The socks will be the perfect accompaniment.

Nora

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (Wed Apr 09, 07:18:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh, wow! That looks fabulous on you! Nice work!

 

Blogger Vaedri said ... (Wed Apr 09, 07:21:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow! That looks great. Lovely colours, and a perfect fit.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Apr 09, 07:28:00 AM EDT) : 

I'm with knotmuch...that sweater is great and you pull off the horizontal stripes fabulously!

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Wed Apr 09, 07:57:00 AM EDT) : 

The sweater is awesome! Well worth all the cussing. (I'm seeming to remember there was cussing involved....)

It fits great, and the color morphs are just too cool for words.

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Wed Apr 09, 08:34:00 AM EDT) : 

Beautiful! I have got to get that sweater back on my radar, it seems to never fail. I love your stripes. Be sure to tell us how the Noro sock knits up ;)

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Wed Apr 09, 09:21:00 AM EDT) : 

I totally covet that sweater because it has two of my favourite things: noro and a simple yet classic pattern. The combo of the two are dreamy! :-)

 

Blogger Needle Addict said ... (Wed Apr 09, 11:01:00 AM EDT) : 

the sweater looks great.

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Wed Apr 09, 05:27:00 PM EDT) : 

Man! That's a damned fine sweater, Lisa. And you're socks'll make you all 'matchy matchy'. LOL. I was telling the staff at Mary's Yarns today about your 'Lines in the Sand' sweater and about how the yarn bloomed beautifully after blocking.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Thu Apr 10, 08:40:00 AM EDT) : 

Damn that is one awesome sweater! It looks amazing on you. You did a fantastic job.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Apr 10, 03:07:00 PM EDT) : 

Love it, Love it!!!

It looks great on you:)

How's life on your end?

 

Blogger Jolynn said ... (Thu Apr 10, 04:21:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow! All the hard work I have seen on the blog has really paid off!! Looks fabulous on you!!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Fri Apr 11, 01:07:00 AM EDT) : 

Love that sweater on you! Nice job! :)

 

Blogger Manon C. said ... (Fri Apr 11, 05:47:00 PM EDT) : 

I would have never considered knitting this sweater, which looked pretty ordinary in the book, until I saw what you made of it! It looks gorgeous, 100 times better than the pretty drab original version -- you did a great job.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Apr 11, 07:56:00 PM EDT) : 

I love that sweater - it is perfect on you and the colours could not have been more fabulous.

 

Blogger kokopuff said ... (Sat Apr 12, 08:29:00 AM EDT) : 

Awesome sweater - and great picture!

PS. It was really nice to meet you in person the other day...

 

Blogger Llamabean said ... (Sun Apr 13, 11:03:00 PM EDT) : 

I love it! Your sweater turned out beautiful and it looks great on you!
The socks will be a wonderful accessory.

 

post a comment