ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Deviations Done!

I finished knitting the second handwarmer today:

completed handwarmers

The ends still need to be woven in, and then I am going to try blocking them. The stitches that I knit with my left hand got kind of wonky every so often. I probably could have gone up a needle size and they would have still fit. In retrospect, having the line of background stitches at the edge of each side of the glove wasn't a good idea - it led to a "seam" visible on the back of the hand. It would have been better for me to add in a part of the pattern so that it would travel around the hand.

It was surprising to see the difference in how the pattern looks depending on which hand held the background yarn. The glove on my left hand (on the right of the photo) was the one with the background yarn held in my left hand; the circles stand out more prominently. I wonder if the difference will be as marked post blocking.

Labels:

Comments on "Deviations Done!"

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Sun Apr 13, 11:03:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice job, dude!
I think you're right about the colour dominance for sure, it's one of those techique things that happens depending on how you hold the yarn, tension, etc etc etc. But I think also that blocking does smooth a few things out.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sun Apr 13, 11:37:00 PM EDT) : 

Like those handwarmers! It is quite interesting how whatever hand you are holding the yarn, makes the project look different.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Apr 14, 07:14:00 AM EDT) : 

I think I need to make some of those for winter knitting. My hands get so cold I have to sit on them. And yes, I do knit indoors!!

Very cute - nice job!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Apr 14, 07:28:00 AM EDT) : 

I love the red blips.

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sat Apr 19, 10:19:00 PM EDT) : 

I love them! Great job!!!

My son was looking over my shoulder as I was drooling over them, and he said, "Oh Mo-om...what is it with you and mitts? How many mitts do you own now? Is that all you like to knit?"

Aren't the young just precious?

 

post a comment