C minus 7 days...
|7 days to finish the Christmas Cardi.|
Yesterday I picked up 574 million stitches and knitted the contrast band:
The contrast is actually supposed to be knit in stockinette with smaller needles, but after looking at a few ravelry projects, it seemed that garter stitch was the way to go.
Mental note for when I next knit a cardigan with a button band:
Figure out why I got the row of purl bumps at the base of the band and how to avoid it. Now I just need to find those cute little buttons I bought in Switzerland...
I realized that there is an error in this pattern - it instructed me to bind off the 30ish stitches for the neck opening on the back, and then when it was time to do the contrast edging, the pattern says "knit the 30 stitches which are on a stitch holder, then continue to pick up stitches" Argh! I could have picked up 30 less stitches!! Really really really have to get into the habit of reading the whole pattern through before starting! Granted, I don't think I would have picked that up (no pun intended).
Sunday I made much progress on the first (I'd walk a mile for a) Camel Glove:
BTW: Batty - this is camel coloured merino yarn, not camel yarn. Zara yarn to be precise - complete with knot about 10 metres into the projects (argh!)
And then realized that the gloves are a bit baggy. But the good news is that they fit The Gambler perfectly, so I now have a template for when I knit gloves for him. I used the Cigar gloves pattern from knitty with some modifications such as having FULL FINGERS(!!!) and offsetting the thumb so that right and left gloves aren't interchangeable. So I have frogged them, and will start to reknit tonight at the Scarberia SnB.
Finally, in cat news, Somerset's left sided whiskers are finally growing back:
They fell out this summer after she had a superficial infection on her face. So she's looking a little less unbalanced these days.