ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2007

All work and no play...

...makes pitiful blog fodder.

Well, I guess I could tell the story of how we got a kick out of making the fancy pants big city cardiologist wait on hold, and then the radiology tech accidentally hung up on him...but I think you had to be there.

Even though I am still on call, as of Friday I have been on Respirology call (otherwise known as "my spa week") , so I have had some time to finish warmfuzzy:
completed warmfuzzy
I even picked up a gift bag and card today (I cannot wrap worth a damn. I don't know what happened to me in kindergarten; I never learned how to hold a pencil properly or how to fold paper in half. Surprising that I have managed to live a relatively full and productive life) so it is ready to leave under the tree in the staffroom.

This morning I finished knitting the pieces of the Christmas Cardi, soaked them in preparation for blocking, and then realized that I do not know where my pins are. So I went to my friendly neighborhood yarn shop....

252 and 268
...and this Silk Garden followed me home. I had already picked up 3 skeins of the darker colourway at Kniterary this Thursday, not having any specific project in mind...so now I have more!

I subsequently realized AFTER getting home that I forgot to pick up the pins, so I walked back(the beauty of living 2 blocks from a yarn shop) and picked up 2 packages of pins. I hadn't done the math of how many of them I would require...
blocking cardi
...and ended up having just enough of them to pin the back and fronts. Somerset tried to help me block the sleeves, but Greedo thought it smelled like wet dog.

Tonight, I cast on for my gloves!

Labels: ,

Comments on "All work and no play..."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sat Dec 15, 10:02:00 PM EST) : 

I love the cat-butt blocking method!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sun Dec 16, 07:32:00 AM EST) : 

Cat blocking is the best. Heh. Mmm....noro.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (Sun Dec 16, 09:20:00 AM EST) : 

cat butt blocking is all the rage in the States.

 

Blogger GURO said ... (Sun Dec 16, 10:08:00 AM EST) : 

I wish I had a cat butt around sometimes...

The scarf is so pretty. You've done a great job!

A bit early, but HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and all in your house.

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (Sun Dec 16, 11:51:00 AM EST) : 

For just a second, I thought maybe you had pinned the kitties to block them!

You've made way more progress on your stuff than I have, that's for sure!

(P.S. Coming from a medical background, I enjoyed the story about hanging up on the cardiologist - thanks!)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Dec 16, 11:57:00 AM EST) : 

Kitties!

I hope you get a chance to knit and relax. Being on call is no fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Dec 17, 05:18:00 PM EST) : 

Greedo does have a look of distaste on his face. If he were my cat he would be laying on the freshly pinned sweater and pins.

 

post a comment