ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 09, 2007

This Looks Like a Title...

But it's not. It's just re-formatted text at the beginning of this post. Switching to another blog host is tempting when stuff like this happens.

Anyways, enough about Blogger, how about Soleil?

Soleil July 8

I am almost at the point of dividing for the neckline. I think I have another inch to go. I say "I think" because this is the point where my long back-waist length comes into play. If I divided at the 12.5 inches that the pattern calls for, it would turn into a crop-tank. I slipped the work onto a second circ last night, and the good news is that it isn't too tight.

Remember how I complained about how difficult it is to buy funky coloured nailpolish at drugstores several weeks ago? Well, I found some metallic lime green polish:
sunshine french
And dug out some pale yellow nail polish to give myself a "French Manicure On Acid". On the way home from the airport on Friday, we stopped to have lunch at a power mall that contains a W*M*rt. In general, I try to avoid W*M*rts if at all possible for 2 reasons - the first being that the Gambler worked for Zellers for several years, which is a Canadian retailer similar to W*M*rt, which has suffered greatly since W*M*rt metastasized to Canada. The other reason is that I always find being in a W*M*rt store stressful - too bright, too noisy, aisles too close together, and too many people. Someone had mentioned that one of the supercheap drugstore makeup brands that had disappeared from the drugstores (because they now have the fancy shmancy makeup lines, complete with "Beauty Reps" who wear more product line on their face at one time than I do in a year) was still sold at W*M*rt. So I picked up not one, but TWO shades of turquoise nailpolish. So today I will give myself a French Riviera Manicure.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Mon Jul 09, 02:45:00 PM EDT) : 

holy psychedelica!
loving the soleil. can't wait to axe u a millions questions re: the lace. mucho nice!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Mon Jul 09, 06:40:00 PM EDT) : 

That is some wild nail polish! Can't wait to see the new manicure.

Soleil is looking good and it is fitting, that would be a bummer if not! :)

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jul 09, 07:54:00 PM EDT) : 

Ha ha! I love it! (both nails and tank!)

I have found Wally's like that. The trick is finding a Wally's in a snooty neighborhood where people are too upscale to shop there, they're never busy. ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jul 09, 11:50:00 PM EDT) : 

Soleil is looking awesome -- moving right along, too!
The nails are to die for...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 10, 06:22:00 AM EDT) : 

Soleil looks fabulous! I can't seem to keep polish on my fingers, but the toes are always done. Great colours.

 

Blogger Monika said ... (Tue Jul 10, 11:01:00 AM EDT) : 

I'm glad so far I don't have the "title" problem with blogger! I can't use nail polish! I get the feeling that my nails can't breath and that makes me uncomfortable. ;o)
yes, I'm now officially one of ravelry, I'm "yarnloopie" over there. But I'm so new, I've only uploaded one project, just to see how it works.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Wed Jul 11, 07:58:00 AM EDT) : 

Soleil looks fabulous, and I just love unusual nail jobs! Black and red French manicures also look awesome.

 

post a comment