ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I have completed the lace portion of Soleil:
Soliel July 7 I did 4 repeats rather than 3 in order to add to the length. I quite like the way that the variegation works with the lace pattern (I guess that's why Monkey is so popular, duh). I am now having a debate with myself if I want to further add to the length below the waist by doing 6 rows between decreases instead of 5.

In the last few days I have been updating my Ravelry notebook. It's a bit tedious, but it will be useful for me to keep better track of what yarn I have available, as well as helping me to keep track of patterns that I want to knit.

I'm also giving some thought to whether or not I should start another pair of socks in July. I asked the Gambler if he wanted me to knit him some socks for his birthday, and he said he'd rather I knit him another pair of moozhies (the term his grandmother used for socks that she knit for her family). Since I have several summer items that I want to knit, I may just work on them instead. I have a tendency to set goals or make plans and then feel bad when I don't achieve them...when in reality there is no damage done to anyone or anything. So the yarn sits in my stash for a while - big deal! The Gambler often tells me that I can find more ways to make myself feel bad than ways to make myself feel good - I have to admit that there is some truth in his words.

Labels: ,

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sat Jul 07, 03:36:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice soleil! The rest is cake from there on up.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Jul 07, 04:46:00 PM EDT) : 

Soleil is very pretty, the variegation really is working with the pattern. I almost always opt for extra length, but that's just me.

What's there to question about starting new socks? If you need help making up your mind, ask stariel!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sat Jul 07, 08:34:00 PM EDT) : 

I love how the colors are turning out!

 

Blogger Jacque said ... (Sun Jul 08, 01:04:00 AM EDT) : 

Oooh pretty yarn. I can't wait to see this finished!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Jul 08, 08:17:00 AM EDT) : 

I saw your comment about the no title on Bezzie's blog, so I'll let you know the same thing:

I had the same problem with the title. Switch to HTML tab and you can put in the title. I don't know why...

 

post a comment