ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 22, 2007

Bootie Call!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about my last post. Needed to vent a bit.

I had quite the weekend - thought I left my Ontario housekey in BC, got lost on the way to the cottage, got a pretty bad sunburn as well as doofy tan lines, and had my car almost overheat on my way into the city(GTA knitters - just in case you ever wondered how long it would take to get from Burlington to Downtown Toronto taking Lakeshore the ENTIRE way - about 90 minutes, as opposed to 45). But since I am back on call starting this morning, I'm just going to tell you about the knitting:
The Gambler's brother and his brother's wife are going to have their first baby any minute now. So I of course put off knitting anything for the baby until a few days past her due date. But the beauty of baby knits is that they are small:
I cast on for the cardigan just before getting on the plane Friday, and could have finished it Saturday except for the fact that I mucked up the garter stitch edging a few tiems and decided to just rip back those stitches and re-loop each one individually. Which was way more tedious and difficult than I initially thought, especially since I only had a 2 mm crochet hook. But I managed to finish it last night.
And I am quite proud to point out that those ties are crochet chains! I was at Alterknits yesterday afternoon and picked up the hook. The woman working there wasn't sure what size hook, so she did a quick test chain with the yarn. When I got home, I tried doing what she did and it worked! Of course, I have no idea how you are supposed to "end" a chain other than just pulling the end through the last loop and tightening it...or how to weave in the end. But that's what knots are for (don't tell the Yarn Harlot!)
Official Stats:
Modifications: none
Yarn: Some ancient yarn (the price tag says $1.98) that I picked up at a stash swap. 56% Acrylic, 33% cotton, 11% viscose (Acrylic for a baby AND knots - she might declare a fatwa on me! It would increase blog traffic...). 160 m per 50 g skein - I used 1 plus less than 25% of a second skein.
Needles: Knitpicks Options US 8
Cast on: June 22
Cast off: June 24
Modifications: Knit all but the soles in the round
Yarn: Regia stretch? (a partial ball I picked up in a thrift shop)
Needles: Addi Circs 2.5 mm
Cast on: June 17
Cast off: June 19
But the highlight of the weekend was of course being reunited with the cats. They expressed interest in the Blueberry Pi:
And Somerset has started to break it in:
Pi Squared. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
See you next week!

Comments on "Bootie Call!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jun 25, 12:50:00 PM EDT) : 

So how are you liking your new KP needles?

-Your Knittyboard SP

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jun 25, 06:40:00 PM EDT) : 

"Acrylic for a baby AND knots - she might declare a fatwa on me! It would increase blog traffic.."

Wuhahahahahaha!!!!!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Mon Jun 25, 11:05:00 PM EDT) : 

Cute sweater and booties! hehe, love the pi squared! Have a good week!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Tue Jun 26, 12:43:00 PM EDT) : 

The sweater and booties are great! I believe in cotton and acrylic for kids. Durable and washable, a great combination.

The cats are actually using those Pis. I'm impressed!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Jun 26, 03:45:00 PM EDT) : 

cute cardi and booties! At first I thought the booties were booty shaped pockets on the cardigan. :)

Love that your kitties use their Pis. I have 2 more if those wear out!

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Thu Jun 28, 02:47:00 PM EDT) : 

I've done the car almost overheating on the way into Toronto thing. Not fun! Glad you survived. Cute baby knit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Jun 29, 04:00:00 AM EDT) : 

Love the booties, very cute. The cats look happy with the pi. "Pi squared"! I love it.

With crochet you do just finish off by pulling the yarn through, at least that's what I've always done..

 

post a comment