ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Soleil Rising

Still can't post a title. Even if I hit Edit Html. P.O.S. Blogger!Bah!!
Spent several hours working on Soleil yesterday:
July 7
Thus far, I've only twice had to change skeins midway through to minimize pooling. Actually, watching out for pooling has eliminated the "miles of stockinette boredom" effect.

The Gambler watched the UFC pay-per-view last night, so I took the opportunity to do a swatch for Cochella out of Colinette Enigma:

It's a thick/thin ribbon yarn, and is supposed to knit up at "heavy worsted" weight. The swatch was kind of wonky in that the thick portions kept overlapping. I think I am going to give it a try with these needles. I think it will be a good project to work on when I fly back to Ontario on Friday. I would definitely wear a bra underneath it, given the openness of some of the stitches!

In the meantime, we are going through each room in the house, deciding what to toss. Always stressful; regretting having aquired something and not using it, guilt about throwing away something that is still useable, and panic that I might end up needing/wanting it at some point in the future.

Speaking of guilt, I have pretty well fallen off of the wagon in terms of not adding to the stash in the last few months. I am hoping that keeping track of my stash and "to-do" list on Ravelry will prevent duplicate purchases and will enable me to match stash yarns to potential projects a bit better. I decided to upgrate to Flickr Pro so that I can get all my stash and WIP photos in there.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on ""

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Sun Jul 08, 02:41:00 PM EDT) : 

the soliel is looking beautiful.

is there a goodwill or charity shop near you that could take the unwanted items instead of tossing them?

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Jul 08, 03:03:00 PM EDT) : 

Your soleil is beautiful, and it's working up so fast!

I also like your swatch. The variety of thin/thick patches makes it interesting, and I think it would be great if the yarn kept doing that throughout the larger piece.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Sun Jul 08, 04:38:00 PM EDT) : 

It'll be interesting how Coachella works out in that yarn!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Jul 08, 04:45:00 PM EDT) : 

Yeah I can't wait to see your Coachella out of that yarn!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Jul 08, 05:59:00 PM EDT) : 

Did you fix it? Your title was there when I read the blog.

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Sun Jul 08, 06:23:00 PM EDT) : 

Soleil is looking great! You'll like flickr pro, never need to worry about pics now!

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Sun Jul 08, 11:47:00 PM EDT) : 

i like the pattern for coachella.. i think that yarn will look really cool.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Mon Jul 09, 12:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Moving is *the pits*! Glad that you're still getting some knitting time in. Soleil is lovely; the yarn reminds me ever so slightly of the main yarn in those socks I polished you off with in Sock Wars.

 

post a comment