ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 02, 2007

Some old stuff

Way back in February, I took a "papercraft" workshop for the purpose of making some gifts for my Knittyboard Secret Pal and my Favourite Colourswap Pal.



Anna is a librarian, and loves purple, so she got this memory book:




complete with due date card tags:

this card:

and this bookmark:



Shannon likes pink and red, and also likes martinis, so she got this book:
this bookmark:and this card:
These beads from my stash were strung on some train track ribbon yarn remnant:
This was a trial run for a flowered stitch marker holder that I made for Shannon - I neglected to photograph the one I made her in red:Pretty simple - cut the tops off of some silk flowers and glue to the top of the container lid.

I enjoyed the papercrafting and have picked up various supplies and tools in the last few months. I don't plan to do any scrapbooking, but I'd like to do some cards and bookmarks, and would also like to give collage a try.



Oh, and to put your mind at ease regarding the cats:


Somerset's cheek is recovering. She's got a little bald patch on her face (which is slowly growing in) and is missing all the long whiskers on her left side


And Greedo still sleeps in Pi 1.0

Somerset prefers the updated version

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Some old stuff"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jul 02, 05:48:00 PM EDT) : 

Nice papercraft gifts! You've got a great creative gene going on there.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jul 02, 06:26:00 PM EDT) : 

Great gifts. I like what you did with that leftover traintrack yarn.
You'll have to let me know if Somersets long whiskers ever grow back.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Jul 02, 06:53:00 PM EDT) : 

Beautiful gifts!

You're all set then: one cat per Pi. Ideal.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Mon Jul 02, 07:01:00 PM EDT) : 

Yes, your pi are square. Sorry, had to tweak your already fine pun. When my orange cat lost some of his whiskers they took a long, long, long time to grow back and they came back black and have stayed that way. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Mon Jul 02, 07:04:00 PM EDT) : 

Oops . . .
Let me add that the papercraft is well-done. Mine would have gluey fingerprints all over them. LOL It looks like a lot of fun.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Mon Jul 02, 09:51:00 PM EDT) : 

If you think my yarn stash is impressive, you ought to see my scrapbooking supplies, which are considerably more organized. LittleBit has to do a senior scrapbook this year and has already begun hers, which means that I will be spending more time than is healthy at the scrapbook stores. Not to mention way more money than is healthy.

Very nice work, excellent use of positive and negative space on the cards, and I need to go sit in the corner and repent, because I am seriously coveting that red flower with the button center.

 

post a comment