ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Gravitational Field That Absorbs the Light of the Sun

Even though I have divided for the neckline and armholes...
soleil July 9
...I appear to have entered the Black Hole of knitting. Only 72 stitches per row, but all of a sudden it seems that I knit and knit and knit, but the measuring tape doesn't show any difference.

Two more days left here - today we attacked the "storage closets" and went through some boxes that never got unpacked from the last move...disheartening. We realized that I have a heck of alot of billing sheets that contain confidential information, and no means to easily destroy them (our shredder died). So The Gambler had a surreptitious bonfire on our secondary (gravel) driveway, with the garden hose at hand. (open fires aren't very popular around here) He thinks that he got about 1/2 way through them before it got dark. I went through my makeup/toiletry stuff while he was doing that; which brought home that I have gotten into a "don't bother putting any makeup on" slump. Not that I normally do the Tammy Faye thing, but I usually put on eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick when I go to work/go out. Makes me look less tired. I still have the blush powder that I wore to my highschool graduation - I have hung onto it because it is the perfect colour for my complexion, but come to think of it, I can't even remember when I last used it - I think at my wedding. In the last few months I have caught a few "makeover shows"; I can see the allure of having someone else come in and toss out what doesn't work for you. It's so much easier to toss something when you have absolutely no history with it. Theoretically this move is a chance for us to "start over", but in reality, it's just changing lanes.

I've been spending lots of time on Ravelry; it's way more enjoyable than doing moving-related tasks. I am trying to focus on assigning projects to various bits of my stash. My numbers constantly surprise me - I have 19 knitting books that are in the Ravelry database, plus at least 6 or 7 books that aren't yet entered into the system. And I have FIFTY TWO yarns (not 52 skeins...52 different yarns!)entered into my stash database. And I still have more that isn't in there. Plus, one of the entries is "Regia Sock Yarn", which covers about 8 different yarns. I swear by all that is holy that I am going to devise some system to make yarn usage > yarn development. Sigh.

And to add maudlin to melancholy, I miss the cats:
stuff on my cat
Greedo was practicing for the smaller house. Downsizing can be a bitch.

Labels: , ,

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Glenna C said ... (Wed Jul 11, 07:49:00 AM EDT) : 

I would miss your kitty cats, too, they seem so adorable.
I spy Options cables! I just started using these in a few sizes, so far so good. They just always seem to be out of one size that I need whenever i order...Good luck with the tank that absorbs all progress.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Wed Jul 11, 09:53:00 AM EDT) : 

The tank looks awesome!

I hear what you're saying about packing and moving. The Hubs and I were in the same situation when we left SF. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Wed Jul 11, 11:21:00 AM EDT) : 

i'm really loving that Soleil. the colours are just delish! Good luck with the big move! can't wait to have you in town fo stay! s)

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Jul 11, 01:59:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh those little kitties. The top looks really cool.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Wed Jul 11, 10:06:00 PM EDT) : 

Still waiting for my own invite to Ravelry. Just hit a very small black hole of knitting on the gusset for Monkey 2. I feel your pain!

 

post a comment