ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 23, 2007

Almost done!

I took Sophia's suggestion and did a 3 needle bind off to attach the straps to each other. I hadn't done a 3 needle bind off previously, so I was surprised at how easy it was. And I even got extra practice in it when I realized that I had bound a back side to a front side. I think I had once quickly looked at the instructions for 3-needle bindoff in my Vogue Knitting book and found them somewhat confusing, so had semi-written it off as something I would never learn. This is the tank pre-finishing. soleil front precrochet
I still have to block it and crochet around the edges - another technique that I have not had the incentive to learn until now. I'm hoping that the straps will be a bit more likely to cover bra straps once I do the edging. This back view of the tank as it is right now suggests to me that a racerback bra would be a no-go. One of these days I have to get around to buying those clear brastraps for my strapless bra.

soleil back pre-crochet

Labels:

Comments on "Almost done!"

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Mon Jul 23, 03:13:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks fantastic! (and it seems it will stay warm enough to wear it for awhile yet...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jul 23, 03:22:00 PM EDT) : 

That turned out really cute (even minus the edging)! I like your hair in those photos too--that's a good cut for you.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Mon Jul 23, 03:30:00 PM EDT) : 

looks fantastic. I really love the yarn too

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Mon Jul 23, 03:33:00 PM EDT) : 

Hey! That looks really good as is; with the crochet edging, it will look fantastic! Like a 3 needle bind off, crochet's a lot easier than it first looks. You'll be "hooked" (ha ha) quickly, I'm sure. ;)

And I agree with your knitty sp, love the cut.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (Mon Jul 23, 04:28:00 PM EDT) : 

I like the Soleil -- the pattern and the yarn work really well together. But I'm really posting to say that I love your nail polish! Great color; lots of fun; good for summertime. I don't think I could carry it off other than on weekends, but it looks really good on you.

 

Blogger Lorette said ... (Mon Jul 23, 09:53:00 PM EDT) : 

Very cute! I love the three needle bind off. And I've put the pieces together backwards once or twice myself.

 

Blogger CathyCate said ... (Mon Jul 23, 10:25:00 PM EDT) : 

I love the three-needle bindoff and use it a lot. However, I'm still crochet-challenged. Go, girl, you can do better than me! But another way I do a similar edging is just to pick up stitches and knit one row, purl one row, then bind off. Gives a neat though not lacey edge and a little more coverage and stability where needed. I just did this in a tank top that I kind of made up the pattern to, and wasn't planning to edge the armholes, but they were rather too deep. Turned out very well.
Anyway, I was posting to say the Soleil looks awesome! I love it! So very summery.

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Mon Jul 23, 10:38:00 PM EDT) : 

Looks fantastic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 24, 06:03:00 AM EDT) : 

Looks great! Love your nails :)

your rut busting sock pal

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Jul 24, 07:49:00 AM EDT) : 

Very nice!!!!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Tue Jul 24, 08:49:00 AM EDT) : 

The tank is very flattering on you - I especially like how high it is on the back.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Tue Jul 24, 09:19:00 AM EDT) : 

Very nice, the neckline is just the right size (depth???) ie meaning flattering but not showing off all the works. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 24, 10:23:00 AM EDT) : 

It looks great!

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Tue Jul 24, 11:09:00 AM EDT) : 

wow. it looks great lisa.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 24, 11:16:00 AM EDT) : 

Very nice job. It looks great on you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 24, 02:52:00 PM EDT) : 

Wonderful work, Lisa! The fit is superb - and so was our meet-up...
we're missing Canada already...

 

post a comment