ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Back in action

Somerset is a bit more herself today, at least enough so to go after anything dangly like lengths of yarn...

...or socks on a circ.
Here's today's closeup of the Socks of Death Raindrops Keep Falling on My Socks. Lori asked if the pockmarks raindrop imprints are scattered randomly - they aren't (I don't do well with random). The cable pattern is an 18 stitch repeat, and requires a multiple of 18 stitches + 10.
I initially tried 82 (18x4 + 10) stitches, but that couldn't make it over my ankle, but 92 stitches (2x(18x4+10)) does. Which means the spots don't travel around the sock - this side view demonstrates.


So from one direction, there's going to be a funky argyloid pattern, and if the sock is rotated 90 degrees, it will be a staggered dot pattern. I'm debating whether I should rotate the heel by 90 degrees so that the argyloids will be on the front and back of the sock, but that will mean that one cable will be at the beginning/end of the row every so often, and that will probably lead to several cable mistakes (because I've already had to repair a few cables just knitting the sock as is!) So the argyloids will be on the side of the sock.

Other news today is that my car and I will soon be reunited! (maybe) I had a phone call from We HAve a MoNOpoly on shipping CARs by rail in his country and thus have no need to do a good job Inc. (aka WHAMNOCAR Inc.) The guy from WHAMNOCAR called to ask for the address to which the car was supposed to be delivered. Which raised a bit of concern, since we had given that info to the woman at the moving company, who contracted WHAMNOCAR to transport my car. So I gave him my FIL's address, and Mr WHAMNOCAR said "Great! It will be there on Monday".

Monday! Monday April 10th? Almost 6 weeks after they picked it up? What happened to it getting there yesterday or today? So Kyle makes some phone calls, and apparently there is room on the truck heading to Oshawa on Thursday, or to Brampton on Monday. So the car can be delivered to an empty rental house before we get there, or to my FIL's place 3 days after we arrive. After pointing out to them what the actual timing of this move, including the fact that we could DRIVE THE CAR FROM HERE TO BRAMPTON BY FRIDAY, WHAMNOCAR decided that in the interests of customer service, a customer representative would drive the car up to Brampton tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Back in action"

 

Blogger Chrissy said ... (Wed Apr 04, 09:34:00 PM EDT) : 

The color you're using for your socks is really pretty. I'm glad your kitty is feeling a little better.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Apr 06, 10:13:00 AM EDT) : 

The sock looks fabulous - I love the closeup shot of the stitch detail.

And I am keeping my fingers crossed with your car - I hope you get it soon.

 

Blogger Jeri said ... (Fri Apr 06, 11:25:00 AM EDT) : 

Is this the cth blues/purples jewels color from the picture the other day?

And I agree with you. Sock yarn does count.

Jeri
www.soapquiltknit.blogspot.com

 

post a comment