ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 02, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Socks

Greedo is doing the sock inspection tonight, because Somerset has to overnight at the animal hospital - she had 2 molars pulled, and because she's 10 years old, they wanted to keep an eye on her. Poor little thing. At least her mouth won't hurt anymore.
Here's the first pattern repeat.
It's a cable pattern I found in my Harmony Guide to Aran Knitting book. This is my first time cabling without needles - initially I thought it would be impossible, but then I realized that C4B doesn't mean slip 4 stitches on the cable needle...I'm now getting the hang of it, and might give a try to working on them when I fly back to Toronto on Friday (I returned a phone call from my parents today and the first thing they asked was "So where are you now?". Kyle had an email message to call our Ontario landlady - she wanted to check to see how we were liking the house. The scary part is that this back and forth bit is starting to seem normal)
I had intended that the pattern have the appearance of the impression that raindrops make in sand (or dirt).
I fear that it might look more like smallpox, or maybe bulletholes. Oh great, I may be knitting Socks of Death.

Labels:

Comments on "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Socks"

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Tue Apr 03, 12:20:00 AM EDT) : 

They do look like raindrops in sand or dirt. Hope your kitty is doing well. Did you get your car back?

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Apr 03, 07:27:00 AM EDT) : 

Well they did look like raindrops in sand until you mentioned the smallpox thing!

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Tue Apr 03, 02:19:00 PM EDT) : 

diggin' the socks! hope somerset gets home alright.

 

Blogger miss ewe said ... (Tue Apr 03, 09:00:00 PM EDT) : 

Oooh! I like them! I find it usually takes a good 4 inches (or so) for me before I'm convinced a new sock is going to look okay. Love the colours, too!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Tue Apr 03, 11:09:00 PM EDT) : 

I like the colors and the sock so far! I like to cable/w/o/needle too! Glad to hear Somerset is getting better!

 

post a comment