ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Flash my Sock Yarn Stash!

Right now, a significant portion of my stash is hidden away in a storage closet under /behind large boxes (and the yarn destined for the EBTKS sweater is in the rental house), so I decided that I would focus on sock yarns (because most of it is still accessible, although there are a few AWOL skeins that must be down in that closet. I hope.)The entire stash.The yarn that started it all; I saw this skein of yarn at the Seattle Knitting and Fibre Arts Expo last April, and thought "I think I'm going to learn how to knit socks".
I didn't realize how good the price was at the time.

My Regia yarn collection.

Large skeins of yarn with German labels.


Smaller skeins of yarn with non-english labels.

Famous maker handpaints.
Yes, that would be 3 skeins of STR Sock Club yarn that remain unknit.

Canadian handpaints.

Independent dyer handpaints.
I have at least 3 other skeins somewhere.


Yarns with unique fibres.

Bargain yarns.

Yarn that is destined to become something other than socks.

I can't bring myself to tally them. Better get knitting!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Flash my Sock Yarn Stash!"

 

Blogger Trillian42 said ... (Sun Apr 01, 10:05:00 AM EDT) : 

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've only knit up ONE of the STR club skeins from last year so far... and I joined this year again anyway! *blush*

I love the yarn that started it all - it's beautiful!

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Sun Apr 01, 10:13:00 AM EDT) : 

congrats on the finished socks and wow! you have your knitting life carved out for ya!

 

Blogger jacquieblackman said ... (Sun Apr 01, 02:19:00 PM EDT) : 

Holy sheep!

Sock-o-licious!!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sun Apr 01, 05:36:00 PM EDT) : 

You know how I loves me the sock yarn! $11 for handpainted? Wow!

 

Blogger knitty_kat said ... (Sun Apr 01, 07:30:00 PM EDT) : 

Ya got ta love the Regia! You have a very nice sock yarn stash!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sun Apr 01, 07:52:00 PM EDT) : 

Great sock stash! Keep on knitting those socks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Apr 02, 07:56:00 AM EDT) : 

That's a great stash you have there:) Can't wait to see the finished products. Btw 11 bucks for handpainted yarn, how Awesome is that!

 

Blogger Peggy said ... (Mon Apr 02, 03:51:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow! That's a lot of sock yarn!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Tue Apr 03, 11:11:00 PM EDT) : 

Umm..I haven't done any from last years STR Club either!

Gorgeous yarns there! Oh and I see you have LL's Somerset there! Very cool! :)

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sat Apr 07, 11:28:00 PM EDT) : 

You have many great beauties there, especially number one.

 

post a comment