ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

She's back!

Somerset made it through her ordeal yesterday, although she was apparently pretty grumpy this morning. She hissed up a storm at anyone who came near her. Lashing out at those who are trying to help just because you are afraid - yup, that's my girl!

And wouldn't you know it, we had 2 appointments for people to look at the house today - the first one was about 20 minutes after I got home from the vet. We rushed home once the appointment was done to check that she hadn't puked up blood on the carpet (which she didn't), and to give her her antibiotic (which the vet was afraid to administer today) as well as her pain medication. Then we had to leave again 30 minutes later, and it turned out that they were running late, so we had to give them another 20 minutes!

Since we got home, she's been glued to my lap. She inspected the sock, but since she has spent the afternoon looking like this:Or like this:I think that this was what the sock looked like to her:

Needless to say, I don't think the cables have made a big impression on her.

In response to Kathy Kathy Kathy's question: I was woken from an afternoon nap (because I am 39 going on 80, and regularly take a 90 minute nap some time between 1 and 4 PM) by the phone ringing. It was the woman from the moving company calling to ask if my car had arrived. (Is it just me, or is it wrong that SHE should be asking ME where my car is). Apparently "they" promised that it would get delivered yesterday or today (this is the same "they" who had promised it would arrive by last Friday). Sigh. One thing I do know - if I have to rent a car AGAIN, I am NOT going to get a model that has the gear shift on the steering wheel. After driving a car with the steering wheel gear shift for 12 days, once I got home to our car, I kept turning the windshield wipers on when I wanted to get out of a parking spot.

Labels: ,

Comments on "She's back!"

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Tue Apr 03, 11:49:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh poor kitty! At least she has mama's lap to lay upon... My cat was like that when she came home from being spayed - all zoinked out and needfully snuggly. She'll be back to normal in no time flat.
I like the raindrop socks! Are the "spatters" randomly or evenly placed?
ps - if you're in need of a laugh, Rabbitch linked to a hilarious cat related website (http://www.icanhascheezburger.com) Judging from the photos, there are a lot of cat owners who will be killed in their sleep by their pets...

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Tue Apr 03, 11:57:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh poor baby kitty! She looks like I do when I get back from the dentist.

p.s. I'm impressed by the cables!

 

Blogger Blu Roux said ... (Wed Apr 04, 12:10:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh, I hope that Somerset is back to her usual self by now! Poor puddy-tat. :-( It's never fun going in for dental surgery.

Despite the bleariness of your last photo, I think that the latest sock is beautiful. I'm really liking the "raindrop spatters in the sand" look, and can't wait to see further progress of these socks.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Wed Apr 04, 06:53:00 AM EDT) : 

Ha ha! I do the same thing when I drive my husband's car except opposite since my car's gear shift is on the dash. Hope you get your car back soon!!!

Poor Somerset! But it is kinda nice when they're all cuddley like that.

 

Blogger Monika said ... (Wed Apr 04, 10:31:00 AM EDT) : 

Poor Kitty! In answer to your question, I have 10 skeins of Noro Sakura and will use all of them if need be. I can't imagine what else to do with this yarn, so this shawl might be big in the end. The beauty of it is, that you can stop any time you want. One skein has 133 meter by the way. Just started on the second one.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Wed Apr 04, 02:49:00 PM EDT) : 

So glad to hear your cat is back home!

 

post a comment