ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Why are there no 24 hour yarn shops?


Oh my - is it only Wednesday? Crazy work at week. And apparently someone sent out a memo that at least once a day someone should bitch at me because I am asking them to do something that is PART OF THEIR JOB too late in the day (Dear ENT Doctor. I know it sucks that you have to come back to the hospital after you went home already, but it's 9 PM and I haven't left the hospital yet. Plus you have a way nicer car than me to make the trip in, and I am hazarding a guess that nobody phoned YOU at 3 AM last night because a patient was having chest pain, because being on call for ENT means that it's pretty rare for you to even get paged. And dear overnight hospitalist - do you think that I specifically request that patients don't get assigned medical beds until after 4 PM even though I ordered the transfer before 11 AM? Sadly, my psychic skills aren't finely honed enough to be able to accurately predict which ward is going to get the patient. Let's see how good your psychic powers are - how many fingers do you think I am holding up right now?)
Anyways - above is the photo of Djaywalker B before I got on the plane. I have a shot demonstrating how much progress if you knit during a 1 hour flight, then spend the 1 hour layover ripping back because you screwed up the heel, and then knit for most of the 4 hour flight afterwards. I also have a shot of Socks A and B back to back so you can see where the matching of stripes is at. For some reason, Blogger does not want to upload them(or maybe it's just the dodgy WiFi hotel connection). I know that the suspense is killing you...

Labels: ,

Comments on "Why are there no 24 hour yarn shops?"

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Wed Mar 21, 11:03:00 PM EDT) : 

That is nice yarn...which is it...looks like regia??
Ok if I actually guessed right then I spend way too much time thinking about socks...oh and guess who has jitterbug on it's way!
I still have not seen yours...but the temptation was enough...I am weak!
Are you getting excited about seasocks...is this turning into an email...comment...just comment

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Wed Mar 21, 11:26:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh dear, sorry about work. As someone who shall always be a patient, never a doctor, I can only extend my thanks...
I like the way the sock is looking!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Wed Mar 21, 11:42:00 PM EDT) : 

Ugh work frustration sucks but you do have a great sock in the works there!!

(a 24 hour yarn shop would be a slice of heaven)

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Thu Mar 22, 12:00:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh..I would work at said 24 hr Yarn shop! Ugh..I know your pain about work...bummer!

The sock is looking really good, love those stripes...

*kicks myself for not picking up those skeins on my trip!!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Mar 22, 07:16:00 AM EDT) : 

Hee hee, I'm sorry that psychic "how many fingers am I holding up" comment killed me! That's ranting at it's finest!

Well hey, if this ENT thing doesn't work out for you, you should think about that 24 hour yarn store ;-)

 

Blogger Monika said ... (Thu Mar 22, 08:09:00 AM EDT) : 

Made me smile. I'm sorry that you have grief at the job, but I got the feeling you can handle it pretty well! ;o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Mar 22, 09:11:00 AM EDT) : 

I would love a 24 hour yarn shop, or at least one that was open beyond 6pm! I don't even get out of work till 6.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Thu Mar 22, 09:17:00 AM EDT) : 

I'm sorry you had such a craptacular night. The socks look wonderful, however...

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Thu Mar 22, 02:18:00 PM EDT) : 

beauty! Loved the hospital rant! I am a newbie EMT, and am getting a feel for the late night alarm, we are a volunteer service, so at least I am home in bed!

 

Blogger gretchen said ... (Thu Mar 22, 07:52:00 PM EDT) : 

24 hour yarn...isn't that why they invented the internet?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Mar 23, 08:27:00 AM EDT) : 

Stopping by your blog to say Hi. Love your blog will add it to my roll.

Shannon

ps. can't wait to wrap myself in the lovely scarf you sent.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Mar 23, 02:18:00 PM EDT) : 

Hmm I bet it's one finger you're holding up. o0o

The suspense IS killing me - post those pictures! ;)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Sat Mar 24, 09:50:00 PM EDT) : 

I don't know, but it's a great idea. I'd go to a 24 hour yarn shop. Definitely.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Sun Mar 25, 11:30:00 AM EDT) : 

I hate it when people whine about doing their job! Especially when said job must be done so that I can do MY job! I also work in an associated medical capacity and feel your pain. But the sock is a lovely rememdy to the pain.

 

Blogger Lorette said ... (Thu Mar 29, 01:39:00 PM EDT) : 

I had to laugh at your ENT comment! We're lucky if we can get them to come in anytime, much less 9PM.
And if you start a 24 yarn shop, I'll volunteer for a day shift. One of the few perks of my job is that I do NOT have to work nights. I have great sympathy for anyone who does.
Nice socks, by the way!

 

post a comment