ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Almost makes you want to take up golf...

Remember the Sheep Tea Cozy ?

I am now the proud owner of a Sheep Golf Club Cover kit. Since neither of us golf, (yes, I am a physician who does not golf. I'm not an imposter - my handwriting is crap.) I'm trying to figure out what other use I might put this to once I knit it. It's too long to be a cell phone cozy (and since I usually end up rummaging through my purse while my cell phone merrily rings away, the last thing I need is to have to slip a cozy off the phone before I can answer the damned thing).

(No new Sock in Progress photos today - I have only knit about 4 rows since Sunday, since I on call this week. )

Follow up on our house sale - We have sold the house to the couple who made the first offer that we didn't like. Over the weekend there was counteroffer action back and forth, and on Tuesday we finally told our realtor the 3 options we would consider (Price 1 with the sale conditional on the sale of their house, Price 2 with no conditions, or letting the offer die), and they chose door #2. However, they managed to maintain the annoyance factor by asking for 3 weeks to arrange financing (3 weeks - what the hell kind of financing is going to take that long to arrange? Are they planning on putting some of their organs up for auction on ebay?). The annoyance is the fact that we now can't confirm financing on any house we want to buy until the end of the month. Bah! But Kyle is going to look at houses with The Perky Realtor on Friday, so we will see what happens. We have our BC house until the end of June.

Oh - and Martina: it may seem that the house sold quickly, except for the fact that we put it up for sale in OCTOBER; about a month after the Okanagan real estate market goes into its winter hibernation.

Is anyone doing Sockapalooza? I am seriously considering joining - my theory is that since I am trying to knit a pair of socks per month, it's not really adding to my list of projects, and I'm probably going to get matched with someone who has smaller feet than me...although once again, I suspect that this is one of those things that seems like a good idea at the time...

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Almost makes you want to take up golf..."

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Wed Apr 11, 10:14:00 PM EDT) : 

Hmmm, what else to use a golf-club-cover-sized sheep? Perhaps if you knit the pattern slightly differently (closed at the bottom, rather than the top) you could have a sheep-shaped knitted bowl? (with legs, of course...) Or you could give it to a kid you know as a puppet... I'm sure you'll think of something.
Too bad about the house drama - nothing's ever easy, is it? At least it's sold...

 

Blogger Lori said ... (Wed Apr 11, 10:14:00 PM EDT) : 

Oh,yeah, and I"m doing Sockaplaooza. You should too!

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Wed Apr 11, 11:19:00 PM EDT) : 

Those are cute!! Hope the house stuff goes quicker than it's supposed to!

I did it...I joined Sockaplaooza! Whew, a bit nervous, but I'll hang in there!! Go for it! :)

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Thu Apr 12, 12:49:00 AM EDT) : 

Congrats on the house--hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

I'm doing sockaplooza too!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Apr 12, 07:42:00 AM EDT) : 

Watch what you say! You'll get th person with the size 20 double wide feet! ;-) I'm NOT doing Sockapalooza because I have inferiority issues with giving my knitting to other knitters.
As for the sheep--um, maybe a mop top or broom top cozy? Or is that too cutesy-cutesy?

 

Blogger Yosemite said ... (Thu Apr 12, 08:01:00 AM EDT) : 

FWIW I joined Sockapalooza. This will be my first time but I thought it would be fun to give it a try.

 

Blogger Sweet Camden Lass said ... (Thu Apr 12, 09:06:00 AM EDT) : 

I'm doing Sockapalooza: I always get someone with bigger feet than mine. However, after the Anthropologist's FOOT long (yup 30cm/12") socks, I'm not scared.

Famous Last Words.
~x~

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Thu Apr 12, 02:26:00 PM EDT) : 

I look at that sheep pattern and all I see is it sitting on top of a bottle of wine. ya know? You drink a few glasses and then you have the bottle hanging out on the counter - now it can have a cozy.

Congrats on the house stuff!

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Thu Apr 12, 03:03:00 PM EDT) : 

make the bottom part wider and wear it as a hat! good luck, and where are you moving too? urban, right? no sock knitting join alongs for me... however, my hubby wants socks that have EMT and the star of life on 'em. A bunch of the geeks we took our EMT class with have jackets, hats, t-shirts... forget they haven't even been on 5 rides yet, so we will soon be sporting very exclusive EMT socks!

 

Blogger Lorette said ... (Thu Apr 12, 04:51:00 PM EDT) : 

How the heck did I miss the sheep tea cozy when you posted that??
I'm thinking wine bottle cover also. Or maybe a stethoscope warmer.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Thu Apr 12, 04:58:00 PM EDT) : 

What a pain with all the house stuff. Hope it clears up quickly and easily!

 

Blogger Tammy said ... (Fri Apr 13, 05:16:00 PM EDT) : 

Gratz on the house. You should sign up for Sockapalooza, she's closing signups today, April 13 at 10 pm est.

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Fri Apr 13, 07:04:00 PM EDT) : 

Sheep Downhill/Cross Country Skiis Cover Kit??

 

post a comment