ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 02, 2007

In the home stretch!

I did the heels yesterday!! And I have to say that I am now a short row heel convert. The method used in Simple Socks Plain and Fancy is brilliant! And the best part is that I don't have to pick up any stitches, which is something I hate doing.

I ended up doing one heel at a time. Unfortunately, because I am knitting the 2 socks on one circ, there's goig to be a bit of a hole on one side (sorry Janis)because I couldn't k2tog one of the stitches on the heel needle to one of the stitches on the instep needle for each sock. I think in future I will just transfer one sock to a second circ temporarily when I knit this type of heel.

Labels:

Comments on "In the home stretch!"

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Fri Feb 02, 08:19:00 AM EST) : 

I'll have to look that method up - I always agonize over picking up the stitches because I hate having little holes on the side.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri Feb 02, 12:49:00 PM EST) : 

Yes! I, too, hate the process of picking up stitches! No holes, but oh, I rarely have exactly the right number and have to do it twice.

Must. Try. This.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Fri Feb 02, 06:25:00 PM EST) : 

i love the picture! nice work

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sat Feb 03, 02:32:00 PM EST) : 

Yay! I love how the red sock pictures come out. I'm knitting red socks too!

 

post a comment