ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Spotlight on Calorimetry

I used quite a bit less than 1 skein of Auraucania Magallanes 1 ply wool in colourway M08. It's a thick and thin yarn, and made for an interesting texture to the finished product. This was the first project that I have knit in a while on straight needles; I seem to be a circ girl. Instead of using a button, I used a tuquoise coloured bead. I was going to try to make a button from the small tension swatch that I had knit with my overly long tail from my long tail cast on, but that didn't work out.
Because the Scarf is so wide with the extra few short rows, I might end up wearing the front folded back like the brim of a hat.

Next non-sock project is a Poppy; but this one will be nearly non-Noro; here's the selection of yarns that I plan to use
Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted in Black Purl, Diafuran, Cascade 220, and Korchoran - although the Korchoran might get replaced by some Cascade 220 in heathered purple. (With the exception of the purple 220, all are stash yarns). I was actually working on a swatch for the sleeve (lorna's laces) when Kyle got the email saying that Grandma had been taken to the hospital. Man, but it is hard to believe that was 2 weeks ago; feels like a month!

I am very behind in blogging, and will remain so for a while - probaby won't get the WIPS up until February - because I am heading back to Toronto on Sunday to continue the house hunt. I also have an outstanding meme that I am currently working on. Who ever thought that not working would be so tiring?

Comments on "Spotlight on Calorimetry"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 01:17:00 PM EST) : 

Calorimetry looks great! I like the colors!! Yay for Blue Monday socks too! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 01:41:00 PM EST) : 

you rock...I wish I could knit this much! You totally have a much busier job than I do and you rock the progress!
Keep up the awesome work motor fingers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 01:55:00 PM EST) : 

Fabulous Calorimetry! It's the only non-hat I've found that covers your ears, which is so important when it's cold and windy out!

I love the purples you picked for your next project. I don't know what it is about purple yarn. There are so many pretty colors, but it's purple yarn that sneaks into my shopping basket, and next thing you know, I'm shelling out large quantities of money for it! It's a weird.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 02:11:00 PM EST) : 

Great job on the Calorimetry! It will be perfect for skiing. I've been meaning to make one as well, but other projects seem to keep jumping queue on the needles...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 05:37:00 PM EST) : 

Yup. See now you went and made a good looking one too. I've got no choice but to hop on this bandwagon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 07:05:00 PM EST) : 

Calorimetry looks excellent on you! Nicely done! The socks look good, too.

It would be nice to finish a project or two myself; at least I have an excuse right now. ;)

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Wed Jan 31, 11:29:00 PM EST) : 

I love all these Calorimetries (that would be the plural, wouldn't it?) I see right now! I think the button you have on it is perfect.

 

post a comment