ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 28, 2007

You can't keep a good naan down...



Is there some kind of conspiracy out there that involves eliminating the yogurt from naan bread?? I went out for Indian food tonight (since I am on my own in Toronto until Kyle arrives on Tuesday), and was once again disappointed by the naan. No slightly sweet taste; it just tasted bready. If I wanted an oversized pita, I'd ask for one. This has happened at different Indian restaurants in 3 or 4 cities; in fact, I'm hard pressed to say where or when I last had a good naan.

Memo to our national airline and my local airport: If ALL of Saturday's flights from our airport to Canada's largest city are cancelled, and you know that everyone has to be home from their ski holiday by Monday morning, might you consider taking this into account, and getting extra staff in on Sunday? Also, if you see that there is a 45 minute lineup just to drop off your bags, and dozens of people are still waiting in line 5 minutes after their plane is supposed to board, would it be so difficult to have a) a separate line through security for the people on the soon to depart flight so that they don't have to wait in line behind the senior citizens who showed up 3 hours early for their flight, and b) a person announcing that because of the huge lineups/dealys, that the flight would be taking off late, thus lowering the ambient anxiety level significantly?

Oh yeah, and to the guy who monopolized one of the 2 baggage drop persons for 15 minutes rather than wait in the appropriate line to see the ticketing agent: I hope they sent your shiny new downhill skis to Kuala Lumpur.
Good thing I had my knitting to keep me calm:


I am now far enough along on the socks to see how the stitch pattern is looking. It isn't what I had expected - probably because it is based on a colourwork pattern. The textural effect is pretty cool, however. One minor concern that I have is that I am able to slip the socks over my own ankles at this point. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that they will be too loose on Janis.


Labels: ,

Comments on "You can't keep a good naan down..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jan 29, 05:44:00 AM EST) : 

sorry to hear about all the problems at the airport.
you are going to have to tell me your secret to getting your knitting on the plane.

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jan 29, 10:17:00 AM EST) : 

Hm, this is why I try to find ONE place that sells food the way I like it and stick with that place. No experimentation allowed! But of course if you're traveling and hankering for a certain type of food this gets shot to hell.

Ugh. Airports in winter are my worst nightmare. My condolences there.

The Kidneyspun Socks are looking good lets hope Janis has similar ankels!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Jan 29, 11:38:00 AM EST) : 

Ugh, that's a sucky airport experience. Once, they put the wrong tags on my luggage (the stickers supposed to go on the bags of the guy who'd been there right before me). Good thing I saw them do it, or my stuff would have ended up someplace in Africa!

I hope the rest of your trip was more fun.

 

post a comment