ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Decision time

I am 2 rows away from starting the heels on Janis's socks. I will probably do short row heels, if only becase the sock knitting book that I brought with me (Simple Socks, Plain and Fancy) gives instructions for short rowsI attended a Wednesday Night Knitting Meetup yesterday, and 38 people were in attendance!! The numbers were higher than usual, probably because it was a "Swap your Stash" night. I had given some thought to having Kyle bring some of my unlikely to be used yarn along with him for me to foist off on give to another knitter, but it occured to me that the yarn I'd have him bring is in the storage bag that is under the couch, the existence of which he is blissfully unaware. So I will have to wait until I finally do move here. Despite the fact that I didn't bring anything with me, I ended up bringing a bagful of stuff home with me. I did, however, facilitate someone else getting rid of their hot pink boucle yarn (the girl who sat beside me last night is going to have her first baby in June; I asked if she knew the sex. When she replied that it is a girl, I told her she had to take the pink yarn). It's going to be so great to live in a city with an active knitting community!

Unforunatley, the latest wrinkle in our move is that we might not be able to arrange bridge financing until we have an accepted offer on our current house, which could push our actual move date into late spring, or possibly as late as June!!! Which would mean that I would stay in a hotel the weeks that I'd work in the hospital, and then fly back "home" between work weeks. I now have to see if we can arrange for some fancy financial footwork like taking out a temporary second mortgage. I swear by all things holy, that I will never move again! Well, at least not in the next 5 years...

Labels:

Comments on "Decision time"

 

Blogger weezalana said ... (Thu Feb 01, 08:17:00 PM EST) : 

Secret sofa storage of stash. Love it. ;)

Hopefully you'll sell your home quickly and won't have to deal with hotels and creative financing!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Thu Feb 01, 08:30:00 PM EST) : 

I love you for the following two reasons:

1. "...Janis's socks." THANK YOU for not writing Janis' socks. Yes, it's correct too, but it looks lame.

2. "I swear by all things holy, that I will never move again! Well, at least not in the next 5 years..."
That's MY mantra too!

 

post a comment