ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Monty Python Post*

If Somerset stopped shedding...
Would she look like this?

Meet Kara; she and her partner Smokey are letting me stay with them while their slaves owners are in Cuba. I fear that I may have blown their pea-sized minds; there seems to be a complicated arrangement of dishes for their cat food, and I think that I may have put the wrong food in the wrong dish. However, as much as I love animals, I do not believe in catering to feeding whims. (Which is interesting, because in other domains, the cats have me wrapped around their cute little paws. I have felt actual guilt about the fact that they probably won't have a balcony to sit on once we move) This is the opposite of my parents, who have a Lab that will not eat his dinner unless there's gravy on it, and it's warmed up, and the pawprints on his bowl are facing forward or some such nonsense. My personal theory is that if you left him with nothing but the cold dry dog food, after a few days, he'd learn to like it.


I have made significant progress on the socks since my last post. Sandi organized a pub knit yesterday evening which was loads of fun. I got to hang out with a bevy of cool T.O. knitters, like Lisa,Jacquie, Sophie, and other people who's blogs I cannot track down. One wee little problem was that it was in "the Vault", which had pretty dim lighting. Surprisingly, I managed to avoid making significant mistakes, until I got to the last row before I do some rounds of straight knit or purl. But by then it was time to leave, so no big loss. And I managed to knit off and on today at the hospital I'll be starting at in March when I went in for the day to babysit supervise patients during the transfer of the ICU from its dingy old location to its shiny new location. Now I just need to figure out how long to make the calf before I start on the heel (and what type of heel to do!)


*And now for something else completely different:




Valley cloud: When you have a large body of water at the bottom of a mountain valley, you get cold air inversions sitting on top of the moist air, leading to low lying cloud cover. Those are the Monashee Mountains poking through the cloud cover.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Monty Python Post*"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Jan 30, 09:06:00 PM EST) : 

Yeah I'm the same way with cats, love 'em but just like I don't make my boys different dinners from what I'm eating each night, they get the crunchkas when I say and that's it.

I grew up in a valley with a giant river running thru it. I wonder if it ever looked like that?

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (Tue Jan 30, 11:30:00 PM EST) : 

Wow, love that valley cloud picture! :) Sounds interesting cat wise at your house! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Jan 31, 04:27:00 AM EST) : 

Hi Somerset. I have not forgotten about you. I'm slowly (sorry) and steadily putting together your first Knitty SP8 package. I'm just havin a bit of trouble getting to some skiing stuff (yes, that's right) that I think you would like.

It'll go in the mail soon, I promise!

Hugs! your secret pal.

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Wed Jan 31, 08:13:00 AM EST) : 

cat cousins?
the resemblance between the two is fantastic!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Wed Jan 31, 09:50:00 AM EST) : 

They are beautiful cats, but complicated feeding arrangements? Forget it!

Of course, the cats are probably looking at you and thinking,
"Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

The cloud valley picture is incredible. I'd never seen that kind of thing before.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Wed Jan 31, 03:35:00 PM EST) : 

looking forward to more knit knites and hoping they put better lighting in the vault! gorgeous pix!

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Wed Jan 31, 10:59:00 PM EST) : 

Love the cloud pic! As for the complicated feeding pattern, cats are creatures that can go without eating for a meal or 2 and it won't hurt them. Eventually they eat what you give 'em! (I adopted a cta once and she took a while to understand that the soft stinky food was NOT appearing every day)

 

post a comment