ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Done and done...

I finished my calorimetry while I was out of town; it's a bit wider than expected because I lost track and ended up doing a few extra repeats of the short rows, and didn't feel like ripping it back. I'll get Kyle to take the mandatory "Calorimetry in Use" photo tomorrow.And I finished my Resolution Socks today. Knit from Trekking XXL sock yarn using 2mm bamboo dpns, pattern from an old Patons booklet. I could have easily added another 1-1.5 inches to the calf, based on the amount of yarn I have left. And I don't think I'm ever going to knit 4 inch folding cuffs again, either!! (At least not if I'm knitting the socks for myself using 2mm needles with a gauge of 10.5 stitches per inch)You know that there's a difference in the sock colour when your colourblind husband notices it unprompted. Since I am participating in the Socktopia Knitalong, I am renaming the finished products the "Blue Monday" socks, with 2 rationalizations for the appropriateness of the name: 1) approximately 1/7 of the yarn is blue in colour (and Monday is 1/7 of the week), and 2) The New Order song was 7.5 minutes in length and seemed to go on forever; because of my foot length, I had 7.5 inches to knit once I finished the heel before I could start the toe shaping, and I tell you, it REALLY seemed to go on forever!

Comments on "Done and done..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jan 25, 09:46:00 AM EST) : 

Wow. I don't know what freaks me out more. The fact you thought about the rationalization to make those socks Blue Monday socks or the fact you cranked them out so quick!!!

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Thu Jan 25, 11:33:00 AM EST) : 

Four 4+ hour plane rides (plus six 1 hour flights)in 10 days helped alot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Fri Jan 26, 07:12:00 PM EST) : 

Oooh! 4 inch folding cuffs! perfect! For the experimental knee highs I am working on that is! Thansks for the idea.

 

post a comment