ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 20, 2007

I'm still here

What a week! I was flying home from Toronto on Sunday and sat beside 2 chaps (Lil' Fella and Big Guy) from New Brunswick who were flying to Alberta. Lil' Fella was quite taken aback at the thought of the flight lasting 4 hours. He asked Big Guy if he'd flown many times before. "Oh, I'd say 5 or 6 times" was Big Guy's response, at which point I thought to myself "OMG, I think I'll be flying 5 or 6 times within the next week or so".

I spent a good part of Monday trying to figure out how to get a 4 foot x 5 foot collage (photos of Grandma) shipped to Kitchener, Ontario in 2 days - sadly, it would have cost $800, so it was a no go.

Tuesday I flew back to Toronto, and then headed directly to Kitchener for the eveing visitation at the funeral home. Wednesday was the funeral.

Thursday we looked at houses during the day, and once again had to face the hard reality that Kyle and I have different preferences in houses. Friday morning we looked at one promising house again, and a few others that we had seen back in December for comparison. One house that we had considered buying (which had been on the market since July) sold for less than the asking price this week, which bummed both of us out. However, there were some things about it that weren't ideal, so it's not such a huge loss. Very disheartening, though. So we will be back in Toronto in either 2 or 3 weeks to take another look around.

Today we fly to Chicago to watch the Bears play tomorrow; if they win, they go to the Superbowl. In which case Kyle is planning to go to watch the Superbowl; he's got his plane ticket booked to Miami. I am not so secretly hoping that New Orleans will win, because a ticket to the Superbowl is going to be a very expensive proposition.

One of the nice things about the last week is that I have been able to knit alot during downtime and transit time. I have just finished the heel flap on Sock B, and finally finished the gift scarf that I knit for Kyle's buddy. Will try to post some photos in the next few days. In the meantime, let's see what Somerset and Greedo have been up to:  Posted by Picasa  Posted by Picasa

Comments on "I'm still here"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Jan 20, 11:43:00 AM EST) : 

Oh man you guys get to watch the Bears play? Wow. I'm jealous. Yeah superbowl would be expensive, but if the Saints win all it's gonna be is "Oh the feelgoodiness of it all, Hurricane Katrina, blah, blah, blah" God, I'm a callous individual!
My superbowl dream: Bears v. Colts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Jan 20, 11:44:00 AM EST) : 

Oh man you guys get to watch the Bears play? Wow. I'm jealous. Yeah superbowl would be expensive, but if the Saints win all it's gonna be is "Oh the feelgoodiness of it all, Hurricane Katrina, blah, blah, blah" God, I'm a callous individual!
My superbowl dream: Bears v. Colts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Jan 20, 11:48:00 AM EST) : 

Oh man you guys get to watch the Bears play? Wow. I'm jealous. Yeah superbowl would be expensive, but if the Saints win all it's gonna be is "Oh the feelgoodiness of it all, Hurricane Katrina, blah, blah, blah" God, I'm a callous individual!
My superbowl dream: Bears v. Colts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Jan 20, 09:54:00 PM EST) : 

Whew, what a week! Hope future house looking goes better! Take care! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Jan 21, 07:46:00 AM EST) : 

What a week! But you get to go watch the Bears? Lucky you!

It's funny, the husband and I also have completely different taste in houses. I like Victorians or Cape style houses, he would love to own a 60's ranch style house.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jan 22, 11:10:00 AM EST) : 

cat photos!!!!!
Gredo looks like he's just waking up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jan 23, 10:13:00 PM EST) : 

House hunting can be cumbersome, but when you walk into the right house, you'll just know. It may not be perfect, it may not have everything you both want, but you'll get that sense of being home. It's out there, and it's well worth waiting for! :)

 

post a comment