ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Will the new art form float?


DH has a new medium to work in. Any guesses what it is?




The first person to guess correctly wins one (blus some bonus yarn)

And now for something completely different.

Here is my entry for the Fearless Fibres Doofiest Knitting Goof Up Contest:
When I took my first Mobius Knitting Class, I misunderstood how to count the stitches during the Mobius Cast On. So I didn't realize that one "cast on" would yield 2 stitches. I decided that I would cast on 80 stitches. In order to keep track of the number of cast on stitches, I placed a marker every 20 MCOs. And then, for reasons that I still cannot explain, I kept casting on until I had a total of 8 markers placed. Let's do the math: 8x20 = 160 MCOs, which = 320 stitches. And each round involves knitting that number of stitches twice; 640 stitches. I think that each round took at least 45 minutes. When I finished, the damned thing was about 42 inches long.

Comments on "Will the new art form float?"

 

Blogger Iseaulte of the Clews said ... (Sun Aug 20, 09:48:00 PM EDT) : 

I think the new art work is made from melted vinyl/plastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sun Aug 20, 09:59:00 PM EDT) : 

I am going to guess LP's.....

which, incidentally, used to be made of wax!!

Did I win??

Jacquiebean

 

Blogger wonky said ... (Sun Aug 20, 10:45:00 PM EDT) : 

I think they are records!

 

Blogger Westozcaat said ... (Sun Aug 20, 11:22:00 PM EDT) : 

i was going to guess records too

other guesses for me include car tyres, garbage bags and candles.

 

Blogger Fiber Follies said ... (Mon Aug 21, 12:18:00 AM EDT) : 

I'd guess inner tubes, but they look so glassy.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Mon Aug 21, 12:20:00 AM EDT) : 

Well...I'm a day late and dollar short, but I'd guess those cool looking items were made from old LPs. And I bet they float!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Aug 21, 01:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Is this slumped glass or trails of hot glass? Or tar? Or some sort of dyed plastic resin/epoxy?

 

Blogger thomasina said ... (Mon Aug 21, 01:23:00 AM EDT) : 

The best guesses were already taken, so I'll go with something completely different: wax.

The artwork would float even if it were lead, most likely, if you put it in like a boat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Aug 21, 07:19:00 AM EDT) : 

I was going to say LPs as well: but, unless the hole is filled in, I can't see them floating too well!

I have assembled your package, more or less. Just need to tape it up and post it!

~x~
Secret Colorswop Pal

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Mon Aug 21, 11:14:00 AM EDT) : 

Dammit I was gonna say Records too. Hmmph.

I'll be more specific then.

The Village People Records

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (Mon Aug 21, 05:15:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks like melted plastic buckets.

I think......

Elaine

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Aug 21, 10:36:00 PM EDT) : 

They're melted remnants of old Budweiser commercial props aren't they?

 

Blogger stitching pooh said ... (Tue Aug 22, 02:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Looks like old records but i guess im late again .

 

Blogger Jeri said ... (Mon Feb 05, 07:26:00 PM EST) : 

I made the same "misunderstanding" when casting on my first mobius. It got frogged and recast.

 

post a comment