ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm ready for my closeup...

Here are 2 extreme closeups of things in my house - one is not going to be around for much longer.

My digital camera is getting on in years, hence the poor focus. Maybe I should get it bifocals.

Here's last Saturday's sky:
We were in Sidney (on Vancouver Island). You can just make out a snow covered mountain top on the horizon (about 1 cm to the right of the end of the pier). Not sure what mountain it is; it's in Washington State.

This Saturday was cooler than it has been for a while. Which was a nice break for us, but my sister (who's visiting from Winnipeg) wasn't too thrilled with it. At least it didn't rain yesterday, and the clouds actually broke up by late afternoon, and it was quite nice until it cooled off in the evening.

Comments on "I'm ready for my closeup..."

 

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said ... (Sun Aug 13, 04:46:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks like a marble, and a homie figure, but I'm probably wrong. That sky is gorgeous! I hope to get to Vancouver some day.

 

Blogger Libi said ... (Sun Aug 13, 05:42:00 PM EDT) : 

A marble egg and a very disturbing figurine? lol

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Sun Aug 13, 05:59:00 PM EDT) : 

Bowling ball and your Stevie Wonder commemerative bobble head.

Pretty sky!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (Sun Aug 13, 08:17:00 PM EDT) : 

#1 looks like a round piece of turquoise to me

#2 - My first thought were those British beer steins with the weird faces on it.

Hey - I'm from that area of the woods - I went to UVic!

Jo

 

Blogger Westozcaat said ... (Sun Aug 13, 10:41:00 PM EDT) : 

a beach ball, and a wierd mask of some sort!!

 

Blogger SuzannaBanana said ... (Mon Aug 14, 04:30:00 PM EDT) : 

I'm guessing that #1 is one of those polished stone spheres, and #2 is just friggin' cool.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Wed Aug 16, 12:34:00 AM EDT) : 

Vancouver is so pretty!! I can't top the other guesses on the close ups!!

 

Blogger Yvette said ... (Thu Aug 17, 12:19:00 AM EDT) : 

Thx for visiting my blog earlier this month. Sorry, no idea what the close ups are of.

 

Blogger Ev said ... (Thu Aug 17, 09:32:00 PM EDT) : 

That mountain would be Mt. Baker. I used to see that one every day and in the winter, I could see it from my living room window. Gorgeous mountain, great picture!

 

post a comment