ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 28, 2006

Art Show III


Some fancy lighting, and it's no longer gratuitous - it's art.

Here's my favorite - Thumb/torso. The figure is graphite on paper. This hung on the wall in a restaurant we used to go to when we lived in Ontario.

From the sublime to the not so sublime -
Here's the most disturbing. DH did this - it was one of his first efforts. I struggled when he asked me what I thought of it.

A few more items for your amusement:

We stand on guard for thee.

Here's one of DH's current projects. The figures that are knocked down are not down for effect - it's because Greedo walked across the canvas before they got glued down.


For Zib:

Speaking of poker:

DH's trademark:
This is how he now signs his paintings.

See this - DH picked it up when he worked at the Zellers head office.
It was a present from one of the Health and Beauty reps - because this sculpture is coated with Sally Hansen nail polish.
I am not kidding - Nail Prisms in Amber Ruby.

Comments on "Art Show III"

 

Blogger Westozcaat said ... (Sat Jul 29, 12:30:00 AM EDT) : 

cool cool art- lets see some more of dh's work! love the thumb/torso that is an amazing piece

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Sat Jul 29, 09:53:00 AM EDT) : 

You have a Dogs Playing Poker! I'm so jealous!

Yes, do show us more of DH's art!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sat Jul 29, 11:13:00 AM EDT) : 

That's so cool. Sally Hansen is one of my favorite nail polishes. Now that is inspiring. *looks around for crap to cover with nail polish*

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Sat Jul 29, 05:27:00 PM EDT) : 

The thumb/torso is really cool. As is the nail polish covered sculpture!

 

Blogger SuzannaBanana said ... (Sun Jul 30, 07:15:00 PM EDT) : 

Is that work-in-progress really little army men fighting a dinosaur? That's so...I'd think of a fancy word, but 'cool' really is the best description of it.

I love the cat photo. The shadows make it classy. ;-)

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Jul 31, 10:57:00 AM EDT) : 

Great art! I love the mousetrap touch.

 

Blogger knottygnome said ... (Fri Aug 04, 02:07:00 PM EDT) : 

niiiice. now your art is very much to my taste.

 

Art Show III'">post a comment