ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Watch This Space

Blogging activity has been sacrificed for knitting, travel, and visitors. And SP exchange activity - last night I prepped 4 packages for mailing. There's probably going to be a need for new hires at Canada Post if I keep joining these SP exchanges!

Reveal of the closeups will be tonight. Catchup blogging over the weekend.

May I just mention this - Monday night, I dreamt that I was reading a post written by Grumperina in which she blasted the concept of crocheted socks. Exactly how pathetic is it to spend REM composing a blog entry for someone else? At least it wasn't a medical dream, like the one I had last night.

The first item was:


A raku apple, given to me by my friend Ute. Made by Ute's friend Neil. Ute gave one to each of her friends who attended "Girl's Weekend" at her cottage on Lake Erie a few summers ago.
Neil built the kiln himself, and taught himself how to do pottery. At the time, he was also in the process of gutting his old cottage and totally redoing it.


Here's the second item:


The decoration on DH's birthday cake; not a bad representation of him at the poker table. You know you have made it when you have been immoralized in sugar icing (because rest assured, that the head was removed from the cake, and is drying in preparation for being varnished and then incorporated into an objet d'art.)

Comments on "Watch This Space"

 

Blogger Libi said ... (Thu Aug 17, 02:51:00 PM EDT) : 

I too have dreamed about yarn and yarn arts. We could get all Fruedian about it, but I'm just not going there.

 

Blogger GamecockDoc said ... (Thu Aug 17, 03:20:00 PM EDT) : 

There is nothing worse than a medical dream. Like sleeping postcall and waking up in a panic about a patient's blood gas. Haven't started dreaming about knitting yet...probably because it's such a peaceful hobby.

 

Blogger Libi said ... (Fri Aug 18, 06:25:00 PM EDT) : 

Hey you! You won my blog contest! PM me on Knitty. (I've posted this on my blog, on knitty and now here, not to stalk you, but just to make sure you know and contact me)

 

Blogger Kyle F said ... (Tue Feb 19, 10:22:00 AM EST) : 

That was the greatest birthday cake ever! You are so great! I love you very much!

 

post a comment