ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 28, 2006

Thursday ramblings


It's all about perspective, isn't it?


Clue #548 that you do not live in a real city - lumber trucks driving down the main thoroughfare.


Speaking of where I live - there's my house; it's the one on the hillside across the lake. No, not that one; that's the house down the street with the tacky statuary. To the right.
In fact, I have yet to be able to identify my house from across the lake, or from the bridge. It's a minor obsession of mine - part of the problem being that the relationship to other landmarks changes depending on what angle you are looking from. One day I am going to take binoculars with me and get Kyle to stand on the balcony and wave a flag or something (anyone recall that Survivor episode?)

I picked up this toiletry bag in Hull; I thought it would be good to store circs in.
It turns out that it makes an attractive carrying case for a sock in progress.

I'm on my own until Tuesday - hubby has gone to visit a buddy in Calgary. Tomorrow morning I am going horseback riding at a place just up the hill from us. I am quite looking forward to it. Granted, I haven't ridden a horse in about 10 years, and my muscles are a bit sore from a fairly intense workout earlier this week. This may make for an interesting gait on my part this weekend. My goal is to get a bunch of small things done this weekend: start preparing the next set of mailing for my various attempts to buy friendship Secret Pal exchanges, get around to doing the final finishing on some nearly completed projects, dye some yarn, put away clothes, complete the remaining dictations from this week's clinics, interpret a bunch of pulmonary function tests, get a Webring set up, and catch up on some of my medical journal reading.

Plus, I have to get Art Show III ready for tomorrow...

Comments on "Thursday ramblings"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Fri Jul 28, 09:22:00 AM EDT) : 

Heh - I thought that was amazing race they did that on?

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Fri Jul 28, 11:03:00 AM EDT) : 

Nooo - It was one of the Survivors set on an island. An old guy brought an American flag as his "luxury" item. The challenge was to come up with a way to flag down a passing ship. So of course, the tribe with the flag was successful. It was extremely cheesy.

 

post a comment