ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 09, 2006

My great Secret Pals

What have we here? Another Package!
This one is from my Knitty Secret Pal. And she sent it Expresspost, because there's a HUUUGE bar of dark chocolate inside! She's even wrapped it in chocolate brown paper. There are also pearls of wisdom from the Yarn Harlot, a Troll do it yourself curse magnet kit, and (insert drumroll here ) Manos!!

I just have pause now to rave about how great my Secret Pals are. My Knitty SP gave me the tools (and the inspiration) to get started on my first pair of socks. My One Skein Secret Pal sent me my first alpacaaaaahhhhhhh, and my Blogger SP emailed me a totally great song that she recorded. (I'm trying to figure out if there is a way that I can post the mp3 on my blog).
And since great minds think alike, both my Knitty and my Blogger SP sent me the same yarn - teal Manos!! [BTW Pals - the yarn colours look exactly the same to me] The colour is deeper than it looks in the photo - I took it out into the bright sunlight to verify that they are as close to being the exact same colour as I can tell.

I have fab downstream SPs as well; they've really liked the stuff I sent them, and we have some great conversations. I really enjoy the fact that my pals have talents, jobs, and interests that are different from mine; it's giving me some insight into worlds that wouldn't otherwise intersect with mine. I'm hoping that I can meet up with them some time in the future. Three of my Pals are in the Toronto area, so I will definitely try to catch up with them when I am there in September.

Comments on "My great Secret Pals"

 

post a comment