ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Butterfly stitch?


I picked up this shrug in Montreal last month - it was damned cold weather, and I had packed under the impression it would be warmer.

It's got a really neat stitch pattern that gives a "butterfly effect". Here's a (blurry) photo up close of the right side, and one of the wrong side. Anyone know how to reproduce it?

Comments on "Butterfly stitch?"

 

Blogger Gail said ... (Mon Jul 03, 08:35:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks like the stitch called "Little Birds". It's in one of my older "Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches" books.

 

Blogger Rebecca said ... (Tue Jul 04, 04:12:00 PM EDT) : 

If you go to kniitingpatterncentral.com they have a sock pattern called butterfly sock which is that pattern. I'm sure you could modify the pattern for a bigger project.

 

post a comment