ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rain, rain, don't go away.

It's funny how you regard weather differently depending on where you live. When I lived on the prairies, a thunderstorm was "good for the farmers". When I lived in Southern Ontario, a thunderstorm meant some of the smog got washed away.
Now, I live in BC's Interior, where a thunderstorm means lightning.

And lightning starts forest fires.



This was almost a year ago. See the little points of light on the side of the hill? Our house is one of those points. This fire was on the other side of the hill, but we were only 2 blocks away from being temporarily evacuated.

This is our second evening of thunder and lightning. Happily, today's light show was accompanied by a downpour of rain.

Comments on "Rain, rain, don't go away."

 

Blogger Jenny Raye said ... (Thu Jul 06, 09:02:00 AM EDT) : 

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments on my Shenandoah Stole. I'll have to look for the Harmony guide you recommended.

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Thu Jul 06, 06:22:00 PM EDT) : 

Whoa! That fire looks scary. I'm so glad your home was spared. I live in California where we fear fire as well.

 

post a comment